Thread: Conflicting problems

Default Conflicting problems

Well, I went to my Birth Centre appt yesterday and since my ankles are so swollen the midwife told me to try and put my feet up as much as I can. But then the baby is starting to turn posterior, so she said to make sure that if I'm lying down I lie on my right side and to lean forward if I'm sitting up, and to try and spend a bit of time on my hands and knees. So I'm thinking that the posterior part is more important than my feet and ankles going down, since nothing I do seems to help them and the "remedies" for these issues seem mutually exclusive.

Will the hands and knees thing really help? And please tell me that my feet will go down after the birth, I hate my fat ankles. Oh, plus I put on 3kg in the last 2 weeks, somehow, and I don't know why If this baby doesn't come soon I'll just be a big swollen blimp.

I have no answers sorry Sasha! your ankles should go down after the birth though, it's most likely just excess fluid. All the best though, I look forward to your announcement soon!

Hi Sasha
    Spend 20 mins on your hands or elbows and knees twice a day can help to move that baby. To help with the swelling. When you sit down put your feet up and exercise then by scrunching your toes and making circles in the air with your feet. When you lie down try to have your feet higher than your heart by putting a pillow or something under your calf. The swelling will go after the baby is born

Thanks everyone for your replies. I spent some time on all fours last night while watching TV, will do it again tonight, and I'm making sure I'm leaning forward whenever I sit down. Alan, I've kind of treated the swelling as the kind you get when you're flying long distances, so have already been doing exercises to increase circulation - good to know I'm on the right track! The next few days are supposed to be cooler so hopefully that'll help a bit.

Cheers