Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Could Labour be near?

Hun,

It'd not nothing its the beginning of labour and your body and baby getting ready, it will be no time! I'm sorry your in this frustrating place...labour vibes coming your way!

thanks Jas,

I know its my body getting ready, but i just feel like it's taking forever.

I never had this with my daughter it was bang membranes ruptured and away we went even though the labour did last 24 hours.

This time around is so different it's like bubby is trying to torment me. lol

Will keep everyone updated on how the progress is going.

I don't want to jinxe you Ange, but a lot of the time when pregnant ladies experience a lot of pre labour or early labour symptons, they go on to have short labours.

Sending you lots of labour vibes, and try and rest while you can. I reckon you are going to need some energy very soon. I definately sounds like it won't be far away.

Maybe if your still here in one piece tomorrow, you could do something special with your DD, before #2 arrives. The day before my DS was born, my DD and I spent the whole day together. Just went for 2 big walks, shared ice-cream and hot chips. They we played in the yard together. Looking but now, I'm so glad I did, it's a special memory to the lead up to his birth. And I too had heaps of pre labour, like when you have been experiencing for about 4 weeks, but not as much as you have been having, until the last 2 days, and he was here after 3 hours of labour.

So definately think you'll have your baby here soon.

LV for you, good luck if it's tonight.

Nothing much has happened today.

I have been really tired and feel like I have no energy at all.

I have slept all day and still feel like sleeping.

Is this normal???? Or should i go and get checked out?

Bubs is moving heaps still though.

Ange, that's how I felt yesterday so I went with it and didn't do a thing all day. I woke up this morning with plenty of energy and have been laboring all day. On my way out to the hospital. Hope its the same for you! LV.

Steph, Congrats! and goodluck

Ange, well this time tomorrow that could be you!!!

Hi Ange, I don't think we are much help here as we are giving you hope thinking it might be tomorrow and it could be another week, or dare I say two. I don't mean to be discouraging but hang in there, baby will come when it is ready and with all this prep you might have a quicker one. Anyway, just go with your body. Rest when you need to and if you do have extra energy go with that to. Sleep well tonight.

How is everything Ange?

Still nothing yet Jas.

Had some pains last night from about 10pm but they have seem to have died down this morning

It sounds like a lot of pre-labour to me. Hopefully when bub does decide to make an entrance, it'll be a quick labour for you

Ange, I know how frustrating it can be, I had a show and really good pain each night for a week before my bub #2 came, the pain would die down during the day to nearly nothing but I found it hard to rest looking after DS who was four and not keen to sleep during the day. Once I did go to the hospital it still took 24 hrs before she came. I'm not wanting to dishearten you just letting you know that sometimes they can take a merry old time to get here. In hindsight even though it was a long labour I would say that it was the most enjoyable. To me it felt like the membrane was holding her in, because once that membrane gave way she was out in a couple of pushes.

Best wishes for a beautiful labour

Ange, Well it's highly likely you will have a short labour I think! Have you spoken to your hospital at all? Have they checked to see if you are already a bit dialated? wouldn't it be great to hear you're already 4cms!!

went to hospital today for a MW check up and nope they didnt check to see if i was dialated just booked another appointment for a weeks time.

Ange, all the best for the next few days. I know this might sound crazy and very annoying, but there is an end. My advice for now is just to enjoy all the last days you have to yourself. Sleep in as long as you want to, go out and have a coffee in a nice quite place, take a book. Maybe even a nice pedi or medicure.

I can't wait to hear when things start to pick up for you. Which reminds me, have you thought about trying accupuncture to try and get things moving. It might have been a coincidence but I have a treatment on a friday and things ramped up in 24 hours.

All the best.

Well hun I bet you are dialating! And I gave you some reputation points before! so thats one good thing!

Hey Ange hasn't been in here for a few days does anyone know if she has had her baby?

Hey Jaz

Nope no sign of baby as yet

oh hun! When is your due date?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast