View Poll Results: Have you had a Linea Nigra in your Pregnancy?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

34 38.20%
  • No

55 61.80%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Did you develop a Linea Nigra in your pregnancy?

I never got one with Nicholas.

I didn't get one at all with Alex.

But then again, I don't even have a bikini line (my hair down there is really fine and faint and doesn't even go to the side of my legs); and it takes 5-6 weeks for my underarm hair to grow long enough to shave it.

So I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

\/

Oh Divvy, I am so jealous.

Am I a bit confused here??? Is linea nigra a line on your skin or a line of hair? I thought it was a line on your skin...

it is the line on the skin. it might get hair on it too, but the term just refers to the line

I didn't get one with any of mine... but its kinda hard to tell with damned strechmarks!!! #-o The inside of my belly button got darker with Emily tho... looked like a bum...ewwww...lol
    I think I have developed a bit of Chloasma this time tho.... not very dark... but I think it's there... #-o

Tanya

Yeah I had the dark line too... mine was sort of a pale brown in colour...
    I also had the hair.. however I have always had a bit of hair growing there, so it just got thicker during pg #-o

OH... Divvy, you have made me green with envy!!
    I really hate body hair on me & my DH, luckily he is maintenance man & keeps it very neat! =D>

Divvy- I'm very envious too, I only did a maintenance last night in preparation for an ET on Friday. I really hate to think that the drs will see too much hair there!!!!!

I didn't get a line when I was pregnant......but I hear it is quite normal to get one.

Divvy- I'm very envious too, I only did a maintenance last night in preparation for an ET on Friday. I really hate to think that the drs will see too much hair there!!!!!

I didn't get a line when I was pregnant......but I hear it is quite normal to get one.

I guess I'm just lucky!

And it also means that my son is a VERY light blonde!

But DH is more hairy than me, so maybe DS will get darker as he gets older.

Apparently I'm just not a hairy person. Even my sister is jealous!

=P~

Fiddle Guest

I have two lines, one going from breastbone to pubic bone. and another from the left side of my belly button to the right side!! I am Olive skinned so I suppose these do show up more.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

I got dark, dark lines with my first three children, but with this pg I've only developed the faintest line, hardly noticeable, and I'm dark-skinned.

My mum reckons it's coz my first three's father was dark-skinned, and my now DH is white Australian. I reckon my mum is full of it! Lol!

love
    sushee

I got one with Yasin but so far no sign of one this time round. Is it normal to get one with one pregancy but not the next? I geuss I still have a few months to go.

I have had a faint one going from my belly button down to my pubic area since approx. the 5th month. Then around the seventh month a really faint one appeared on the upper part, going from belly button up. Also have a ring around my belly button.

Non of it bothers me. It just facinates me what your body does when pregnant

Sal Guest

Nope, not a sign of one at all on me! I'm pale as a ghost, I hear that makes a difference?

Sal- They say that the darker your skin is, the darker the line(s) will be too.

I have one, it is medium in colour and starts a couple of inches down from my breast, goes around my belly button and down into my pubic area. DH loves it as he likes to trace it from top to ... well you can figure it out!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast