Thread: Encouragement to move baby down

Default Encouragement to move baby down

Hi,

I have just been told that baby has not decended at all and I am more than likely going to go over my due date. This in itself doesn't worry me, and I know some babies drop at the last moment, but I want to avoid being induced if I can.

Does anyone have any suggestions (apart from walking which I am already doing) on how to encourage baby to start getting comfy lower down?

Thanks in advance!

Walk up stairs sideways, squat, tilt your pelvis forward as often as you can (when in the shower, washing dishes etc). These were the thring things my midwife recommended when I was 9 days overdue & bub wasn't descending.

Squatting for sure, and another good tip is to sit on chairs backwards (you know, straddling the chair, leaning your arms on the back) and always try to sit with your knees lower than your hips. This will help with good positioning too
    All the best!

um my midwife told me to....

swim, using forward strokes.
    excercise ball, helps to align bub into ur pelvis and good for posture.

i think the rest have been said. HTH

Thanks for your suggestions. Might have a bit of trouble with some of them as I have pelvic instability which I am only just keeping together!! Probably why baby hasn't moved down - I'm doing too much to keep my pelvis stable!! Can't win can I?