Thread: Extremely irritable and hormonal...

Default Extremely irritable and hormonal...

Is it normal in late third tri for your hormones to go completely haywire??
    I am really on the edge at the moment, and have been since about 35 weeks. I am just so very irritable, short tempered, emotional, and depressed.... and this is really bugging me as I don't much like being with myself atm, and I can't even imagine how poor Aidyn and DP feel...

I have been travelling along so well up until a week or so ago, but it seems that as soon as I started to really notice my body slowing down and becoming uncomfortable, that my relaxed temperament has gone down the drain at the same time.

yer ive been like that since about 36-37 weeks, EVERYTHING is frustrating me, snapping at the littlest things, angry one min, in the best mood the next... i think its normal !? lol hope it is!

*Nessa* Guest

I have been like that and I am only 29 weeks

Its just so hard sometimes and it does build up without you realising it. could also be the weather, i find also school holidays drive me nutty (no playgroup or anything like that)

Hey Buddy,

Sorry to hear you're not feeling the best. All I can do is empathise. I was pretty impossible to live with from about 32 wks (still not feeling myself). For some reason the hormones have affected me more this time around. Not fun. I hear ya!

Just remember that it won't always be like this. Things will get better!

You can always call me for a vent if you need to...

I was like that too (my poor DH). I feel for you.

i was like this too from about 30 weeks and the only cure was birth!

Oh yeah - I'm hearing you!! I'm only 31 weeks and am very up and down. For me I think it's a combination of being bigger already (was the same size at 37 weeks with DD1) and feeling frustrated that I can't do some things easily, if at all and having so much that I need to do, wanting to get the baby room finished, feeling tired, not liking the heat and trying to entertain a three year old during shool hols! Phew, needed that vent, sorry!!
    Yes the emotions definately ride that rollercoaster, happy and excited one moment, teary, stressed and irritable the next. Poor DH has been on the receiving end a bit lately (yet my silly DH can't be bothered or hasn't worked out that a hug and reassurance can work wonders! - sorry yet another vent!) Hope you feel better soon . Just think, you will have that precious bubba in your arms soon and then the next and best roller coaster ride begins!! Try to relax and enjoy the rest of this amazing journey :hugs: (I must read this message myself sometimes!! )

Oh Ambah hun, I know exactly what you mean. I was a pretty hard person to live with at the end of my last pg and its a miracle that i wasn't tossed out on my ear for the way I carried on sometimes. In a calmer moment have you mentioned it to Jackson or anything. I was constantly apologising to Dh for carrying on like a pork chop at times and we talked about the way I was feeling at the time. It helped to do that.

I will put my hand up too and say I've been pretty emotional. I'm trying so hard to stay "normal" but my temper gets the better of me a lot at the moment. I've got a month to go and yeah am suprised my hubby is still living with me to be honest!

I really noticed it on friday, I was home alone all day till 9pm and about 3 times that day started crying over the most silly little things, just had the most awful day, didn't sleep that night then was a right b**ch yesterday :-( Its so frustrating isn't it!

Oh, I might add, I've been having BH every 10 - 15 minutes since friday too, which isn't helping!

Yes, I understand. I had a horrible 4 day period of tears and being OK one second and awful the next. I am happy to say that I feel much better this week. I too keep trying to focus on the beautiful baby at the end but it is sometimes soooo hard to do that. I had BH also on Friday and nothing since. I have to go and do some optimal foetal postitioning!!!!! 15 days and counting

Sue

I am starting to get cranky, have really noticed these past couple of days.....

My DP would claim I was cranky, hormonal and difficult to live with from about half way through to the end... But he wasn't the one growing a person so I'm not sure how seriously I take his viewpoint. I seem to remember him not exactly responding with compassion and gentleness every time I got into a bit of a state!

I am in the same position. My poor kids don't know what sort of mood I am going to be in from one minute to the next. I am losing it over the smallest things and they can't seem to understand why. I know DH is counting down the days until he gets his wife back, not this emotional, unstable, neurotic person who he wake sup next to in the morning. Think it is just part of the being pregnant thing.

Me too. I have been like this for a few weeks. I am mainly a nightmare to be around in the evening. I get anxious and irritable. Poor DH, it's when he's around that I'm the worst (I'm not a morning person either....).

I am glad I am aware of it. Sometimes I thought I was bordering on AND, and I have seen a homeopath about it. She gave me a remedy that helped. But I'm comfortable that I'm aware of my 'change in character' cause at least I can seek help before it all crumbles and gets out of control.

I've had quite a few downer days lately myself. When I notice I'm upset about something, I try to make myself take a step back and ask why I feel so rotten. Generally I have to admit that it has little to nothing to do with reality so that helps... It just sucks to be big and heavy and tired and sleepless and breathless...

I too have been moody and hormonal and horrible to live with. Dh is being great and understands that I am very uncomfy most of the time, I have serious BH's a lot, I'm constantly tired and my hormones are seesawing in prep for the birth of our son. He'd great, but I feel like the worlds worst mum and wife. I snap at the girls for nothing (mind u, they are being reeeeeeal terrors right now! Into EVERYTHING they know they shouldn't be into! and with only one day of sanity- pre-schhol, I feel myself going crazy sometimes!). I haven't done much cleaning in weeks. I just don't have the darned energy! I just want to sleep, but restless legs and bh's make even that hard!
    These last few weeks feel like months and they are so hard on us. It's a wonder we survive....