Thread: Fed up and just over 'it'!

Default Fed up and just over 'it'!

i've still only got 3.5 weeks until EDD, but could even go to 2 weeks over that and i am just so fed up with it all. I can't sleep because the only way i can is on my side and that is just too uncomfy that it hurts. It hurts to sit too long, it hurts to stand too long. Braxton hicks hurt like hell. I either want them to do something or just go away. I'm very moody and so very emotional. I don't remember being nearly as bad like this last time. My belly is massive and i can't do anything! Just want to crawl into a hole and cry. How am i going to get through the next few weeks?? Another thing is, this Thursday, i'm going to be given the to opportunity to be induced at term. I don't want to be induced because for one, i can't have a water birth then. How do i not give in to temptation?

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Tegan - I completely sympathise with you!

I remember the end of my second pregnancy was so much worse than the first, same as you it didn't matter what position I was in I would ache so badly. Sleeping was a nightmare and eventually I had to be up by about 5am because my back hurt so much from lying down.

To stand was agony as well because it basically felt like the baby was putting so much pressure on my cervix that is was going to fall out!

I will be thinking of you in these final weeks, adn while I don't have any advice to give you, I can tell you that personally I found the birth for No 2 that much better!

I hope for your sake you go a little early and definately not late!

awww babe im so sorry i cant help you. But in about 32 weeks I will need you help!

I hope he decides to arriver VERY soon for you

Tegan, I'm sure the last weeks of prgenancy are there to test us. If the first 12 weeks go slow it isn't nothing to the last month of pregnancy.

Keep the thougths of your water birth in your head un, remember how badly you want this. Remember that the longer bub is inside the better it is for him. I know it's hard especially when you are just hanging out to meet him and cuddle him.

I know when I was getting antsy at the end of my pg with Tehya, I just thought the linger she is in there, the easier she is to look after, no nappies, no feeding, no crying, no spewing. You remember all the beautiful things a newborn needs.

Take care hun and I know it's easier said than done but enjoy your last few weeks as a family of 3. Just you, Jacob and Lily

I'm sorry, I'm right there with you.
    I am being induced on the 9/10 though so I have an end date in sight.....but I still can't cope with the fact that's three weeks away, I want it over now.
    Hang in there, I promise you that you will forget all about this as soon as your baby comes.

You'll be right Tegan. Not much longer, you can do it.
    There will be no temptation cause you are so well educated about what you want this time, the option wont even need consideration for you.
    Make a big starry calendar with Lily and rip off a page every day til your latest possible date. That way you can feel like if you go after your EDD, you are really early

I keep giving everyone the date 2 weeks later than I am due and trying to "train" my mind to think that way... it does make you more antsy the closer you get though!

baby4 Guest

Hi There I Know Exactly How You Feel I Have 9 Days To Go And Im Cranky My Stomach Hurts From No Room , I Have The Flu Really Bad And To Top It All Off Im Turning 30 Tomorrow I Can Really Relate To Just Wanting To Crawl Up And Cry But We Cant Well Get There We Have To Keep Telling Ourselves That Im Here For You If You Want To Chat As I Know How Much It Can Bring You Down Im Suppossed To Be Happy Im About To Have A Beautiful Baby But Instead Id Rather Sleep Until Its All Over I Dont Know About You But Im Nasty To Everyone Then I Cry Cause I Feel Bad Hang In There Mate Not Long To Go

Tegan, My sister was like you. So totally over it all & she gave birth to her little girl yesterday. She was a week early but they think she was actually overdue as the baby has reallllyyyyyy long finger nails & rather dry. So who knows you might not have as long as you think??

Fingers crossed things start happening soon

Isn't it awful Tegan. I am exactly the same, with 4 weeks and 1 to day to go. 2nd time is DEFINITELY worse than the first time, and I was over it then by this point! But you will be fine, just log on to BB every day and gets lots of support. You can hold off until nature does it's thing and have the water birth you want. Just keeping thinking about the water birth and you will be fine.

I bet we all miss being pg once the bubs arrive!

Aww Tegan, hope you find some things to try and distract yourself

Are there people you could go for coffees with or people who could come over and entertain you? Can you go for a massage, get a haircut, iron things obesessive-compulsively?

Hope you find some relief for your discomfort, and wishing you time that flies!

Aww to you Tegan, I knnow how you are feeling atm too. I think it is worse 2nd time round (well it was for me) as you seem bigger than maybe you were the first time around and if bubs is lying it a certain position it can hurt. (as you know)

Try to keep telling yourself 3.5 weeks isn't forever, you can do it matey. Plus you never know your little man might decide he will want to meet mummy, daddy and big sister Lily sooner rather than later.

Sending you *labour vibes* for you to put away and use them when you need/want them.

Hugs to you Tegan "Twas not so long ago that I was going through a similar thing.
    All I can say is to keep you life simple and don't over stress yourself with the everyday stuff. Live like Lady Muck for the next few weeks!

Not long now Tegan, less than 3 weeks

Isn't it weird, you get pregnant and think waiting until 12 weeks is bad! But no, i reckon this is worse. I was married 3 weeks ago today, which seems to have just flown by, yet i have 3 weeks until EDD and it seems like it's dragging!

Had my doc appt on Thursday. He basically said he would rather have me induced but is happy to let me go, so it's up to me to choose what i want and i have until next week to do so. I would rather go into labour before then and not have to choose though! But i am leaning more towards just leaving it. There seems to be only two downsides with leaving it. Bigger baby and having to wait longer(maybe). But with being induced there are lots of little things that i don't like. I just don't want a big baby though, because my biggest fear of all is that it will all turn out exactly the same as it did with Lily. Mentally, i don't think i could go through that again. I am having a Doula though. So hopfully i get my natural birth with her and Jacob by my side...