Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: the gestational diabetes test - HELP

I never had the test, I was never told to have the test, there was no mention about it to me at all when I was pregnant with Ashlea

I had the glucose challenge test yesterday. I didnt have to fast beforehand so I could have breakfast, but I wasnt meant to eat anything really sweet beforehand otherwise it could stuff up the test. I found the drink just tasted like very sweet lemonade and it looked like lemonade too and was fizzy. The first few sips were ok, but when I got to the end of the drink I was feeling a bit dodgy, but I didnt vomit or anything - i think it was 300ml in total. I got told to not do much at all for the next hour - no eating, no exercise - until after they had taken my blood.
    I have a really lovely looking bruise too but its starting to fade.

The test wasnt really that bad. I just had to sit down for a while after drinking the stuff as I did feel a bit yuk but not enormously yuk.

Yep - sweet flat lemonade. I found the hardest thing was they gave me a time limit to drink it! So gulping it down was what made me feel a bit off. Given a choice I'd enjoy sipping it.. as it was quite tasty! LOL.

I wasn't allowed to leave either for the hour.. so take a good book!

Oh yeah they gave me a time limit too. Said I had to drink it within 10 mins. I found that difficult esp as I am not a big lemonade drinker. Luckily I was allowed to have a drink of water and go to the bathroom in the hour between the drink and the blood test.

hope test goes ok!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12