Thread: Has having a internal bought on your labour?????

Default Has having a internal bought on your labour?????

Hi girls,

I was in hospital today for day stay due to high blood pressure.

While they had the CTG hooked up i was having contractions roughly every five minutes so they decided to do an internal. The midwive said that my cervix was very soft and expects me back in sometime before next Thursday in labour. I hope so.
    I have heard that once you are given an internal you usually go into labour within a day or too. Would love to hear from those of you have had this happen and how long after the internal did the labour start?

Also i have had some bleeding since the internal is this normal ?

Sorry hope that all makes sense, i am so tired but wanted to ask your opinions. Take care Leah

lisa-jay Guest

Hi Leah, generally , if the internal is uncomfortable, they are doing a bit more than just looking. Its called a stretch and sweep (of your cervix)...and it can (if every thing is ready to go) trigger things off. They are meant to ask you first tho but very often dont. It also probably would explain the spotting you are experiencing.
    Good luck, hope it all goes well

Hi there Leah

just out of curiosity how's the blood pressure?? are you still intending on giving birth naturally or are they suggesting C-Section??

Either way doesn't look like you'll be waiting to much longer - GOOD LUCK \/

Dianna

Hi girls

Thanks for your replies guess i will just have to wait and see if i am one of the lucky ones who goes into labour within a few days.

Dianna- my blood pressure is good at the moment it's around the 138/87 mark which is much better then the 150/102 i had a few times. As for the delievery yes i do plan on having a natural delievery again but if for some reason i need a c-section then so be it, at the end of the day bub has to come out and i am happy as long as the baby's well being comes first.

Jillian- you said that the midwive said if they get blood when doing an internal thats a "bonus", i might sound dumb for asking you but why do they say that it's a bonus ?? You said you had to be induced how long after having the internal did they induce you? Sorry for all the questions.

Theresa - thankyou for you well wishes, i am getting a little nervous now.

Kate- thanks, yes it would of been interesting to see if Kelsey would of arrived when she did had you not had the stretch and sweep.

Take care Leah

Hi - I had an internal when I was a week overdue and was told my cervix was high and hard .. and a week later still nothing had happened.

Is the blood thing something to do with your 'show' ? Which I didn't get either the first time, but isn't it a good thing once that happens ?

I can't find any of my pregnancy books this time around ... I don't know nothing anymore #-o

Barb.