Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has your belly button popped?

Default Has your belly button popped?

I am really curious to know if most belly buttons pop out. My belly button is usually like the abyss but there isn't much left of it now and with just over 3 weeks to go, wonder if it will pop.

If yours popped, how far along were you and how long does it take to go back in?

I've got an "innie" and it's just flat now. It was flat the first time round too.

My belly button never popped... I was always looking forward to that happening... I'm a bigger girl so I guess that's why it didn't happen... Although I wasn't big with DD and it didn't happen then either...

Mine took a while, but it got increasingly shallow and is finally flat with the top edge protruding a bit. (I'm 40 weeks today - I think that this one might go a little over...!)

It's nowhere near as 'outie' as some women get. I wonder if it is because my bub is posterior (back against right side), which usually means that the front of the belly stays a little flatter than when they are anterior?

Not that it's the end of the world, but I hope that mine goes back properly, I had such a cute little belly button... (LOL)!!

Mine is out a tiny bit at 38 weekss. When I laugh, push my tummy out or lean forward it sticks out more. But I wouldn't say it has popped. I asked the same question in the 2nd trimester forum when I was about 25 weeks and a number of ladies replied that theirs never popped!

Mine has popped and I am only 25 weeks... looks terrible when wearing tight shirts lol

Mine never did. Kinda disappointing.

Mine popped out around 20-25 weeks, I was tiny before falling pregnant and had a very flat tummy.

Mine is still an "innie".

yes mine did about aww 25 weeks maybe..i cant remember.but i was told by mr dr that i have a hernia because it was really painful at first and still is now at times..it also popped out with my first pregnancy and went back to normal straight away

~Belinda~ Guest

mine has slightly but not too much and i am 34 weeks!

I;m 25 weeks and on the way to pop out.. any time now

Mine popped with DS1 not with DS2. I had a hernia with DS1 too.... i cant remember when it Popped tho

Enchanted Guest

Mine just went flat.

MIne never popped but if i put any pressure around it i could make it pop,lol. It was my preggy party trick. It was almost flat but not quite. I cant make it do it now and bub is 5 days old. I assume that when bub is out and your uterus shrinks it will go back in etc if it does pop.

I'm coming up to 35 weeks and an mine has just gone flat. I'm hoping it doesnt pop though.

Thanks for your replies. Hoody I had a big giggle over your party trick. Mine is so sensitive that I won't let DH anywhere near it. Mine has nearly gone flat but if I eat too much then it comes out more.

Hate to crash this thread as i am only 7 weeks
    I have an umbilical hernia so mine popped with bub number 3 at about 20 weeks and has stayed that way
    I was booked to have an op but got pregnant again

I just wanted to let you all know if you have been told you have a hernia get it checked out when you have had bub if you still have discomfort!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast