Thread: Head Cold/ Sinus - what to take

hopefullmum2b Guest

Unhappy Head Cold/ Sinus - what to take

Hi all,

well still haven't gone into labour and woke up this morning with head cold/sinus. My head feels so stuffy, my nose is blocked and runs like a tap, and keep sneezing it is driving me up the wall.

To make matters worse my due date is tomorrow Sunday 11/11 by my dates so i'm a bit concerned that i'm going to go into labour and be unwell with this stupid cold. MW and doc are going by my scan dates of the 13/11, so hopefully if nothing happens during the middle of the night or sometime tomorrow I will go between mon and tuesday and hopfully be feeling a bit better.

But i'm frustrated that there is really nothing i can do or take to help clear this, I normally take sudafed - but i know that I can't take this so I've just been taking paracetamol and hopefully this will work eventually. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Bec

Oh you poor thing - i suffer from sinus issues too and it's awful when you're pregnant and can't take anything
    I found inhaling vicks over boiling water (with tea towel over head) worked well for a bit of relief.
    I was told by one pharmasist that i could take the sudafed PE as it doesn't have pseudo-something-or-other(whatever that big word is!)!! But i still didn't like to take it.
    Other than that, lots of rest, water and oranges! Lemon and honey tea might help soothe the throat?
    Hope you're feeling better soon xx

The best thing I found was a vapouriser running all day and night in my room with some Vicks in it. Sucking on Vapourdrops always cleared me up too.

Nasal spray and good old butter menthols or Vicks vapodrops. Double check about taking Polaramine to help stop sneezing and watery eyes. I took some recently for a nasty head cold and was told it was safe.

hopefullmum2b Guest

Hi everyone,

thanks for your replies, i did the vicks and boiling water thing last night before going to bed and had the best night sleep in weeks. No signs of labour yet
    But wish I was, hopefully I go into labour before the end of the week.

Thanks again everyone.
    Bec