Thread: Help

Unhappy Help

Massive vent coming on.....

My kids are sick. They've got some kind of stomach bug that is making them have diarrhea (sp) and the occasional vomit. Woohoo.

I spent the weekend in hospital because of swelling that turned out to just be swelling and nothing to warrant a weekend in hospital - but I know - better safe than sorry.

I cant walk properly because of my hips and have to sleep in a chair with my feet on another chair because my pelvis is so sore. My feet and legs are so swollen that I have really bad pitting edema and if I stick my finger into my leg the hole stays there for ages.

I feel lightheaded and just generally not well. I'm probably catching the virus and to my shame all I can do is hope that this will bring labour on

I have been having Braxton Hicks for weeks and they were between 4 - 6 mins apart while I was in hospital, but at my OB this morning my cervix is still closed and hard. Bugger!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel like such a sook, and I'm really sorry if I'm bringing anybody down, but I am over it!
    I dont remember feeling like this with my other babies. Please tell me its normal to be this frustrated, lol.

yep - perfectly normal.
    I wouldn't worry about the state of your cervix - it can change in just a couple of hours so it isn't really an indication of how far away labour is.

*puts on stern voice and shakes finger* hurry up bubba, I know its comfy in there but your mama wants to meet you.
    I hope that does the trick

Can it really Chloe? I was worried that it meant I still had weeks to go. I just went and bought some EPO so hopefully that will soften things up. He said the head was wight there, but no effacemant or dialation.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Awwwwww Nat, it's normal to feel the way you are especially seeing as you may be catching that nasty bug, that's all you need. I only made it to 37 weeks 5 days before I had Jonah and I was already starting to have enough, the pelvic pain was awful so I can only imagine how you are feeling.

Have you tried Raspberry Leaf Tea or evening primrose oil? These are supposed to help with getting the cervix ready.

Is there anyone that can maybe watch the kids whilst you rest? I'm sorry you're feeling this way, hopefully you don't have too much longer to go, big to you.

Urgh Nat!! I feel for you. Of course you feel the way you do! You are nearing the end though. Its all moving along, just at its own pace. You are doing an amazing job. *hugs*

Oh Nat... you are doing so much better than me... Im just 35 weeks... and over it... and want this baby out!

Hopefully the EPO works, and you will meet bub's really soon... don't feel bad about the way you are feeling or for bringing anyone else down... we are all here to support each other...

All perfectly normal... GL I Hope bubba makes a grand enterance very soon...

Vent away Nat - those last few weeks are a killer! I have said sinceI was pregnant with Jenna that everything changes at 38w, and it all just became really unpleasant, uncomfy and just YUCK!
    I hope things happen for you soon, and that your kiddies bugs can stay away from you.
    PS - you probably were like this with your other babies - its just the human physiological system that makes us forget all this crap so we keep procreating...... Darn it all to be the breeders