Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help!!! I'm turning into my husband!!!

Percy Guest

Default Help!!! I'm turning into my husband!!!

Ok this is pretty embarrassing but I have started to snore - so much so that I have been waking myself up with the noise I make!!!! I never used to snore!!!

Is this a baby/pregnancy thing? Will it get better? Will it go away?? I don't want to drown my husband's snores out every night! (BTW he thinks its very very funny that I am now snoring louder then him!!! lol! )

OMG - do you know that I am apparently snoring too at the moment?? I dont usually snore unless I've had too much to drink, and I am waking up with a killer sore throat and the dries.
    And I'm sleeping on my side, so god knows how its happening. The only thing I can think of is its the extra weight I am carrying.... Which isn't that much, but I guess enough to do the job.
    Oh - and I'm not sleeping much either, so I'm not sure how I can be flaling in a deep enough sleep to snore!

Percy Guest

Oh Fi! I'm the same too! I never snore! Well not that I'm aware - certainly not enough to wake myself up! I'm sleeping on my side and wake up with a sore throat too. I think it must be a baby thing - surely??!!!!

I didn't snore (but I did dribble)sssssshhhhh

We tend to snore when we are more tired... maybe thats it?

*hugs*
    Cailin

Well that would work for me!! I'm absolutely buggered at the moment.

ive read stuff about snoring in later pregnancy... cant remember exactly, but i think something to do with increased blood flo to the nose and stuff... im not snoring but a little dribbling going on... not helped by the fact that i have a late wisdom tooth coming thru and theres no room for it...

hey Percy - i think its funny too... hehehehehe

oh yueahhhhhhhhh snoring big time, OH can't sleep because of it and i wake myself up too...... infact (this is embarrassing) i've noticed when i'mlying in bed trying to drop off i comne out with the occasional loud snort, i guess i kind of doze off then wake myself up.

the worst thing is i wake up with mylips all cracked and sore and my nose is all bunged up, when i debung my nose it has usually been bleeding a bit too.

Isn't pregnancy the most fantsstic thing!!

Taz

Yup, it's a normal pregnancy thing. Not happening to me, or at least my DH says it's not happening to me when I glare at him for suggesting the idea.

At least you haven't started to giggle every time someone farts. I swear, sense of humour is not supposed to match up with DH's!

SossiGirl is offline Believes things do happen for a reason.. but sometimes would like to know what the reason is

OH MY GOD.. i am dribbling too.. hahaha.. so funny even when i go to take a bite of my meal or just laying there watching teli, i start to dribble, so much saliva happening. .hahaha.. No snoring for me though, not yet, im sure it will come and fianlly if it does will get back at DH for all his snoring he does..

Yep, been there with the snoring - hahaha! It's especially bad when you're waking yourself with the noise! Unfortunately for me, it never went away after pregnancy and I think I'm eventually going to have to get one of those mouth guards that push your bottom jaw forwards and stop the snores!

Worst is when you doze off in some kind of public situation (on the bus, in a boring lecture) and you wake up suddenly and think - OMG did I just hear myself snoring?? Have I dribbled down my own face?????

Totally normal pregnancy thing that kicks in big time for many around 28 weeks according to my Obstetrician who had an evil glint in his eye when he told my DH (when I was 14 weeks and suffering breathlessness) to just wait until 28 weeks when I would be snoring like a trooper!

It's related to the more blood volume thing and all the mucous membranes having increased blood flow. Hence you may find you have a stuffy nose in later pregnancy.

If i have been snoring, my DF cant hear it for his snoring, You can hear him out on the road! I had heaps of mucus and blood in my nose when i was waking up early in pregnancy, but that has dissapeared for now.
    As long as your sleeping i say "who cares?"
    Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!

LOL at waking yourself up!! That's funny. Yeah, I would have thought it'd be because of the extra snottiness happening. And people think that pregnancy is all mysterious and feminine... How wrong they are!

catherine Guest

My poor DH has moved into the spare room now because not only is there no space for him in the bed with my pillow arrangements, but also I apparently sound like a horse when I'm sleeping. I got very offended when he told me this, but I woke myself up with a big snort yesterday when I was having a nap, so I see what he means!

lol at being so loud you wake yourself up. Thats classic.
    I dont find that I am snoring (yet!), but I have also heard it can happen in the later stage of pregnancy. Something for my DH to look forward to lol.

Apparently I'm moaning in my sleep - continuously!DH says he pokes me and I roll over but it's not positional, i just keep doing it. I feel really bad because it's keeping him up. The other day I didn't even think I was fully asleep and he told me I was doing it! Very embarrassing - oh, and I have the dribble thing too which DH has most delight in teasing me about! The joys - as long as it all resolves once baby is born?!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast