Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Hospital Bags!!

When do most people usually pack their hospital bags?

I packed mine at 30 weeks cause I had bleeding a month before.

Most hospitals advise to be packed around the 36week mark

Did some shopping today and got a heap of stuff needed So YAY! Will start packing tonight...finally!

Also on a big woohoo I needed to get something to wear to my sister's engagement party on Saturday night (I know last minute but I was planning on wearing a dress I already have but for some reason my brain didn't realise it was non a maternity dress and when I tried it on definitely not the kind of non maternity dress that works) so anyway I was expecting to probably end up spending a ridiculous amount of money for a semi-formal dress when u are 36w5d preg but I found one in pumpkin patch for $25 on sale from $80! So I was certainly fine with spending $25 on a dress that will probably only be worn once..well until next pregnancy!

Yay! One baby Bag packed zipped up and ready to go! Now just to pack my bag and the labour bag!

Jas - I got 2 pairs of Jeans for $30 each the other week from Pumpkin Patch and when I went to the counter it was 50% off second item so even better and I have picked up 3 tops for under $20 as well!! They had/have a awesom end of season sale on at the moment.

1 down 2 to go isn't to bad considering you didn't have any done this morning!!

Chook83 Guest

Jas - i think i bought the same dress from Patch, couldn't believe the saving. Its such a comfy dress too. I might have to wear it to a wedding in a few weeks, (if the one i plan to wear is not going to fit.)

I also need to get to packing my bag for Hospital.

We are in a difficult situation as all my baby stuff is at my parents house due to DH becoming redundant and he starts a new job 2 weeks before Bub is due in an area that is 5 hours from where we are now. So i go to my parents next week and i cant wait to wash all the baby clothes and pack hospital bags. All i want to do is set up bubs nursery but will have to wait till we find a house.

Chool, Is it a black one with a sequined bit under the boobs?? Hope everything gets organised soon!! How long do u have to go?

I'm 38weeks tomorrow and still not finish packing I have a feeling when I go into labour I will probably be doing a quick run around!! I have been buying extras of as much as I can i.e new toothbrush, toothpaste, deoderant so they can just be packed and don't have to worry abou then when I go into labour but there's somethings I can't avoid like frozen poppers, water bottles I have in the fridge etc etc

Have just been putting things in a pile in the baby's room and have just been in there putting things into a bag for labour and a suitcase for my hospital stay so at least those bags exist now even though they're not zipped and in the car iykwim

Good work!

I did the same as you and bought new toothpaste, toothbrush, deod so that it was packed (as they are the things I always forget).

I did keep a list on top of my bag of the things I needed to put in the bag at the last minute that couldnt be packed earlier.

Not long to go!

Im just wondering.. 27 weeks pregnant and ive been told to start packing my bags.. someone has meantioned flushable wipes for me after having bub... can someone shed some light on these??

are they like baby wipes?? where can u buy these flushable wipes? sounds like heaven!!

Amsta - i think those wipes are in the loo paper section at the super market.

I took my own pillow with me ,one of the banana shaped ones.The hospital ones are never thick enough.I also took a breast feeding pillow

flushable wipes, what a brilliant idea. Definitely going in my bag

Another thought at my Ante-Natal class yesterday someone said to pack Ural...can't hurt hey??

If the cost of the TV is not included in your stay make sure you have enough money to pay for a couple of days of TV hire for when the person comes around. If you don't have cash they wont put it on.... and it's a bit of bad luck if hubby has the cash & is out of the room at the time.

The only thing in my labour bag that actually got used was the lip balm. Seriously.

I wish I'd taken more clothes as my stay ended up being 5 nights.

Didn't use the loo paper I took.

Make sure you have a little cash stashed somewhere so that if you get a disgusting meal served up (this only happened to me once) you can go and buy something from the cafe. It's fine and dandy if hubby is with you & can go get you a meal but if you are sitting there with no money & are starving hungry you can suddenly feel very upset.... I was damn near hysterical & my partner was sitting in the room with me at the time. Little things seem very large in those first few days after giving birth. If your bub ends up in special care you also can miss the meal because it's delivered to your room & you could be in the nursery & come back to it cold.... so cash comes in handy to go get something that hasn't been sitting there for an hour or so.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12