Thread: How long did it take you?

Default How long did it take you?

Hi,

I have two questions here.... I just had a "show" earlier. I think I have lost most of my mucous plug... it was blood stained, jelly-like, and clear. Now, I noticed that I pass another glob, but a rather small one, except this time, it's slightly yellowish, no blood! Is it normal with the color? Should I be worried and call my hospital? My baby is still pretty active, but I guess I am just worried because of the color?! Can anyone let me know if they have had mucous discharge that is slightly yellowish in color?

My second question is... how long did labour take to start after you have lost your mucous plug? I am now over 40 weeks so am wondering how much longer I have to wait before my bub's arrival!

Thanks in advance.

I lost mine on the Monday and had my son at 12:10 am Friday.. I also had a Stretch and sweep done on the Wednesday....

Good luck.. I hope it happens soon.. I have heard getting on the gym ball can help.. I think?

Hi Carmen. Once I lost the initial part of my plug, everything that came after that was yellowish in colour. Mind you I started losing my plug at 37wks and went 4 days over LOL. The only other time I had a show was with my first bub and he was born the following day. As a general rule most women will have their baby within a few days to a week after having their show. Fingers crossed it wont be much longer for you.

Sherie, thank you for your reply. Your post made me more at ease. I sure hope my baby will arrive soon because I feel so much like a whale now! I am crossing my fingers so that bub will arrive in any days from now.

Hope things speed up for yuo Carmen!

For me, I lost my plug - blood stained and all mucusy - on the tuesday morning. Friday I had BH all day and then waters broke at home early saturday morning. My girl was born 10:30 saturday morning.

Lost my plug with DD1 Friday arvo & late evening. Waters broke around 12.30am Saturday. Born 6.56 that night. 8 days over due. DD2 never really had show & waters had to be broken 7 days over due.

becky Guest

Hi
    I lost mucousy plug at 3:00pm, blood tinged plug at midnight, and had DD at 4:59am the next day. Most people I know go into labour very soon after losing their plug.
    Good Luck

Girls, that's so wonderful to hear! Those words are really pleasing especially if I am close to labour! I lost some more blood tinged plug this morning. Crossing my fingers for something to happen soon! Will keep you all updated when I go into labour! HURRAY!!!

With all of my babies thus far, I lost mucousy plug for a few weeks before labour, but when it became blood tinged, labour started IMMEDIATELY! (As in, while walking back from the bathroom to the bedroom.) Hope things move along nicely for you and all goes well.

Cricket, how lucky you are! I wish I could say the same for me. As of now, I am still waiting for labour to kick in... or if my water breaks, then at least, I could show up at the hospital. If nothing happens by this Friday, my doctor will schedule me to be induced. Now, my clock is ticking and I am just waiting in agony for something to happen... this sure is a good way to torture someone!

Cricket, by the way, forgot to mention... but Congrats on your baby girl!

Carmen - good luck with the labour! Maybe take your DP out for a nice walk somewhere, that's supposed to help.

Kazbah, thank you! I will definitely go with for a walk with DH... maybe something will happen in the middle of the walk! LOL..... Will be embarassing, but who cares!

I'm no help to you. I had no show the first time, and the second time it happened after I was fully dilated - I had a contraction that made me want to start pushing and the mw said 'oh, there's your show!". So it took me about 15mins LOL!

i think i was the same as manta ray - ie no show until pretty much well into hard labour. best wishes for the arrival of your little one - wont be long now at all!

Thanks for the congrats Carmen! Hang in there hun - you're getting there! It truly isn't going to last forever, although it might seem like it now. And I know how hard it is on your mind, believe me! I thought I was going to go crazy in the last few weeks! Can't be too much longer now, though, really!