Thread: How often do you get Braxton Hicks?

Default How often do you get Braxton Hicks?

Hey ....

For the last week, I've been having continuous Braxton Hicks....almost every hour/second hour of the day. Not particulary painful. But sometimes difficult to breath. And tightening of the tummy..all over. Sometimes it hurts -like ligament pains in front or at the sides and sometimes it really hurts all over and I break out into a sweat.

It doesnt go away when I change positios/have a bath/ lie down/sit down/ stand on my head. Seriously I feel like Ive been in labour all week!!!!

Was wondering if its common to have these...all day. It gets worse in the evenings ..every half an hour or so.

Guess....the Braxton Hicks are not quite so common. wonder whats going on with me????? I guess I exhagerated a bit....get them for approx 5-6 hrs and then have a couple of hours off. Anyone else have them?

Bev,

I got them as you described ... definitely worse in the evenings. Towards the last few weeks of my pg, they were so strong I thought I was starting labour but then again some people do have labours like that so one can never tell! How far along are you?

Regards,

Mel

PS: Edited to add ... Okay, now I know how far along you are because I can see your ticker. It was showing up as a cross in a box yesterday when I posted. DOH!

I havent had them as yet, but a girl i work with has had them quite frequently from around 24 weeks on.. shes about 34 weeks now.. My book says you can get them anytime from 20 weeks.. hope they stop soon for you

Mine started around 19 weeks and I get them a number of times a day. I've noticed that they're getting stronger as my pregnancy progresses. Mine don't go away when I change position, I just have to wait it out.

Yep me too. I get them and they dont hurt but feel strange. I can tell the difference because its the bunching of the tummy muscles thats uncomfortable. Real labour is more like period pain for me. Its all preparation though.
    Good luck - not long now!

Fee Guest

I thought I had one way back around 20 weeks. But maybe it was something else!? I'm not sure.

I have not had any since that one-off time.

Bev it sounds quite normal. I used to get quite a few from around your stage as well. My labour pains were exactly the same only accompanied with period and hip pain LOL.

Thanks for the response girls. Its a relief to know that other Pg women get them too!! Yes not long to go now...... cant wait till I'm holding our lil one...knowing this all will be worth it!!

Cee_Cee99 Guest

hey Bev,
    Me too - I have had the tight feeling off on and for about 2 months, but in the last two weeks I've had period like pain in the front and in my lower back - the pain requires heat packs and last about 30 mins. On Sunday I had them at 6am, 10am, 4pm (all for about 15-30mins).. This morning I had it once at 4am, again lasting about 20mins and requiring heat pack for the pain.. I'm pretty close to your EDD, so I think we are normal.. One of the girls in our Due in June group (Jo or Karen I can't remember) also had these, she asked her OB and he said it is good practise, it means we will have an easy labour! Not sure if he was just saying that to make her feel good, but at this stage, I'm taking all the positive vibes I can get....and passing them on!

hope you feel better soon

Yup - I'm getting loads and loads of braxton hicks.
    I get them every 3 minutes or so lasting about 1-2 minutes each for about an hour a couple of times a day. They aren't terribly uncomfortable yet, no walk in the park though(!)
    I have a feeling they are part of my cervix thinning as ...aahh.. mucus discharge has increased lots (sorry ain't birth beautiful!)

Sal Guest

I never really got 'em, just felt tightening under the skin like I was doing a sit-up involuntarily. Only felt those maybe 5 times in the pg.

Silvi Guest

I started getting them at 29wks and thier painful...my stomach feels like it's in a bunch...have to stop what I'm doing and just breathe...