Thread: Hubby's got a bad cold......

Default Hubby's got a bad cold......

....and I'm due in 2 days! What happens if I go into labour while he's still sick? Its not just a little sniffle....he's quite ill. Will he have to stay away from the baby? Anyone have any ideas? I'm almost afraid to ask this but will he even be allowed to be there at the delivery? After weeks of wishing bubs will come early I'm now praying he waits a few extra days!

Oh no, what bad timing. Hopefully your husband recovers quickly. I am not sure if they allow sick people into delivery(other then the pregnant female).....

I do hope it all works out for the best. Bub may just hold out for you! and best of luck for when it does happen

I hope bub's holds on for you, they should still allow hubby in the room with you. You could always get him to wear a mask so he can cuddle bub but not pass on his cold!! ( Had a friend that did that last year, makes for some pretty funky photo's of how dad met bubs too)
    I hope all goes well for you!!!!!
    Best of Luck with the upcoming birth!
    Kelly

Maybe phone the hospital to set your mind at ease. Then you will know if you do go into labour in the next day or so if dh can be with you. Im sure it should be ok but the phone call will stop you worrying and you will know one way or another.

Although each mw might have their own idea to of how sick the support person they allow in!!!

Fingers crossed, you are in my thoughts.

Oh no, I have no idea sorry, but I just wanted to wish your DH Get Well Soon and massive hugs to you . I hope bub holds out just a little bit longer and that you'll all be fine.

I hope DH gets better!! I do wonder though, what the protocol is. What do people with sick siblings and/or partners do? Does breastfeeding protect against this? Sorry, just some questions as I have wondered about this, because i know that if my DD had been sick when DD2 was born, Im not sure what I would've done (and this was an issue with school....sickness' going around).
    Kitz, give him lots of vitamins and echinacea! xoxoxox

just wondering how things are going with dh. Have you had the baby, how did it all go??

Not sure if you have had bub or not but my Dh was sick when I had my 3rd. I was due for a c/s so we worried what would happen so he went to the GP and got some antibiotics and was told he was lucky he came in as they wouldn't have allowed him in otherwise..

hope your Dh gets well or is well...