Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunches / Maternal Intuition - What did you know?

Default Hunches / Maternal Intuition - What did you know?

Just interested to know people's experience of accurate hunches, such as:
    a) being pregnant
    b) gender
    c) whether the baby would come early or late
    d) characteristics of the baby

My best intuition with my firstborn was a feeling for quite a while beforehand that I would give birth 2 weeks early, and that's what happened!

I suspected I would go late, but I was 2 weeks early only cause of inducement for both my boys.

My gut instinct on gender was correct for both the boys as well

Love

I've got a few gut instincts, but I'll have to wait a couple of months before telling what they are!! They might not be true, and I wouldn't want to look silly....
    Fi

colleeg Guest

I have a feeling it will be early! but you just dont know!
    i went with my gut instinct about it being a boy and i was right! well to prove this we will have to wait until its born!

Colleeg O

*Megan* Guest

My gut feeling from the second I knew I was pg that it was a boy - and I was right. I can't answer any of your other questions as this is my first bub - maybe in a couple of months I will be more informed to answer!

:wave:

Megan

My young nephew felt for sure my first would be a boy, and was right, and was certain my next would be a girl, and is right again... He is the only one I know who guessed right both times!

*Megan* Guest

That is very interesting about your nephew Berry - he must have a sixth sense!

Megan

My mum and granny used to say that children often have psychic premonitions.

i was told i may not be able to have children, and for some strange reason, dont know what posessed me, i bought a HPT on way home and tested positive.

was right to guessing it is a boy and wil have to wight and see but I am predicting a blonde bubba.

Its funny, one day I just went to the doctors and asked for a pg test... it wasnt even as if I had been thinking about it, it was like something was controlling me! (I had been quite sure I was infertile at this point in time as well)

I also knew Aidyn was going to be a boy. All of my thoughts about him when he was in my belly were boy thoughts, it just didnt make sense for him to be a girl!

I thought I was going to go into labour late, but I was early. But that was more preparing myself for the worst I think.

I had no idea what he would look like but I was pretty sure he would have my chin (dutch chin lol) and he did.

I kept telling everyone that Kimberley would be early and she was just over 4 weeks early.
    I think i said that because i never knew i was pregnant until 13 weeks.

All my intuition was totally wrong with Matilda 8-[ ... I was sure I was having a boy, he would come on time or within a few days, and everything would be fine and natural, AND that I would bf for two years & co-sleep for the same amount of time...LOL!!

Only one thing I got right, I was coming out of the shower one day thinking I had a really bad hangover which was weird because I never had hangovers, took out a PG test as we had a thought a few month before which was neg, and lo and behold a BFP!!! I was shocked, but a weird feeling took over & like Ambah I was possessed & had to test...LOL

I can only answer a couple of these... I had a feeling I was pregnant - didn't want to believe it but the feeling was there and it was true!

I also had a feeling that we are having a boy... and the scan showed a boy. Everyone else predicted a girl.

After TTC for about 5 yrs on and off, I refused to even think that I was PG. A couple of GF kept telling me that I must be, so when I tested and got a BFP, I was totaly in shock!

DH was convinced with all PG that we were having a girl. So far, he has been right, although u/s dude said he was only 80-90% sure of a girl this time, should be able to find out for sure in a couple of weeks.

I have thought for the last month or so that I was heading for GD, and possibly pre-eclampsia, but will find out more on Monday, failed the GCT, so will have to wait.

My psychic predicted a blonde girl this time, she told me that I was PG, I had only known for a day. She said that everything would be fine with this PG, so far she has been right. BUT she did recommend that DH has a snip quickly after birth or I will be PG with a boy next, we will see if she is right though.

I guess only 10w max to go and I will know who is right. I know that I am having a c/s so I will be early by at least 2w, but I think about 3.5w early will be when I actually have her.

As soon as it occurred to me the AF hadn't been seen for a while, I jumped in the car to get a PG test. My cycle had only just come back. It took a little while to come up, and DP said, see told you. I was really puzzled, it wasn't planned, and I hadn't thought about it for more than 30 mins, but for those 30mins something was saying OH YEAH YOU ARE!!! Then there they were, the magic pink lines!!!!!

I was cruising the other forums, and in the gender dissappointment thread it seems that if you couldn't seem to agree on/find a name for a boy for eg, but had plenty for a girl, a girl was born!!

With all of my pg's I was nearly absolutely certain that I wasn't pg LOL. With this pg I had a feeling that it was a boy from quite early on and I was correct!

With Paris I KNEW and I did with my last pg too but I talked myself out of it LOL! Buuuuuuuuuuuuuut if any of you psychic ladies have any hunches about me LOL that you want to share I would be eternally greatful especially if its certain I am getting a BFP soon LOL!

*hugs*
    Cailin

I had feelings of girl with my 1st, was right. Felt boy for 2nd, and only had 1 boys name no girls, was right. felt girl for 3rd and only had 1 girls name, right.

But 4th, thought and felt boy, backed up by a palmist and a psychic, had a spooky visit when awake by a little boy while visitiing friends b/f I knew I was pg and so this helped me to make up my mind BOY. The ghost visit I believe was the baby I mc bf my 3rd.

When Jessica was a girl I couldn't believe it, esp as the girls name was undecided but the boys name was a definite.

Just goes to show it doesn't always work. Everytime I have picked a sex of a baby in the last 12 mths I have been wrong. last friend I said I think a boy so I'm sure it will be a girl and I was right. LOL maybe that's what I should do just swap it around, I think I'm a bit out of whack.

Cheers Michelle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast