Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I wish they told me....

i agree kelly.. ouch! i had that not to long ago, has seemed to eas off now thankfully

takecare
    Lesley

colleeg Guest

oh the clumsiness!
    heartburn
    crankiness being a total *****!
    things growing so fast- hair and nails!

oh and Ellen- yeah what is it with crusty nipples??

layla Guest

I wish someone had told me....to make the most of it despite all the above mentioned problems. It is all over before you know it and you forget so quickly what it feels like to have a new life growing inside you. 8-[

Oh, yeah, and I wish someone had told me my hair would fall out and grow back curly! #-o

That the further you go on.... the more uncomfortable is it physically. Just can't get to sleep and all the pain that you get, grion pain, hip pain, back pain, period cramp like pain... etc!!

Also, if I can add another - that everyone you meet has to tell you the worst labour/pregnancy/baby crying story and feel free to give their advice, welcome or not.

I wish they told me ...........

What a load pregnancy will have on your body, I have not been comfortable for weeks with backache, rib ache and all the other symptoms but these 2 seem to be the worse, last night for example I couldn`t eat all my dinner because I couldn`t sit down for long, once I got up I was hungry - I`m going to have to eat standing up and I`ve got another 11 weeks to go.

Your body is not your own once pregnant and you don`t realise until your pg what it does to our poor bodies, Mark says he did warn me, yes he did but as I said you don`t realise.

Take Care

Deeanne

SWOLLEN ANKLES!! Had to add that one! No-one warned me how bad they can get or that it really really hurts too.

Debbie Lee Guest

Just how tired I would be. I think I have been tired for 8 months now. First from the m/s and now it's just from carrying the extra weight!
    The mucus thing and the crusty nipples are something I never ever considered either!
    There is so much that you don't realise until you are going through it. Mind you, when I try to tell my "yet to be pregnant or even think about it" friends, they tune right out. So, perhaps someone tried to tell us but we weren't interested?? :-k

Mine is about after the birth...no one told me that after the baby is born you would have a pouch of flabby skin left over. I guess I thought, baby comes out...belly goes sort of flat.

I agree with you Layla, love every minute of your pg even the bad stuff , cause I soooo miss being pg and after 4 kids I am positive we have enough, so I will never be pg again (wipes a tear from the eye).

Cheers Michelle

The back pain.
    Mind you I was spoilt rotton before I got PG, was getting a back/shoulder massage every day (mind you I needed it) then not being able to get massaged until after 1st trimester because DP was too nervous, I got maybe one massage during the whole PG.

Then DP needed an op 6 weeks before I was due, and has had chronic tiredness problems since, so at night he's too tired to do it. I've had 3 massages since Brandon was born, and sometimes my back is so bad I cry for 1/2 an hour when I lay down in bed because it hurts so much.

I wish I'd known that the back pain won't go away just because the extra weight has gone. I don't know how my mother ever managed to have 7 kids. Even knowing that though, I don't regret a minute, so I guess nothing really. Nothing could have changed my mind. Although I'd never had heartburn before, and that was pretty bad.

I hear you with the weight gain Ambah. Between the m/s and the heartburn I never seemed to stop eating as that or sleeping was the only thing that helped.

I really wish I'd known that chocolate is literally addictive, and if that's what you crave and you give in to it then even after your baby is born you still crave it. (Guess that was a major contribution to the weight gain lol)

*Megan* Guest

That you would experience tiredness in the first tri like you have never felt before!! Also....and this might be common sense to some...but I have found it hard to get around like I use to with my job and day to day life. My back aches if I stand up for too long and I just can't hurry about the place like I use to...I just didn't think that this would happen so early on (it is what I am expereincing now)

Megan

That my skin would break out. I had boobies for the first time ever (I'm a little A cup) but I couldn't wear low cut tops cos acne was horrible!.

That baby kicking in the last few weeks would be painful. All I ever heard was that it was a wonderful feeling and it was to start with.....

That my hair could go from dead straight to frizzy permanently.

Leg cramps in the middle of the night. DH was up packing my bag a few times when I woke up screaming! LOL!

I'm sure I could think of more.....
    But it wasn't that bad, really.

That i would need to pee so much.
    Feel tired all the time.
    Have problems sleeping.
    Be nasty to DH.

Kirsty77 Guest

I wish they'd told me
    that I'd want to kill DH
    that my sex drive would vanish
    that my memory would disappear
    that I'd be repulsed by every smell
    that my bb's would be so sore I had to wear a bra to bed
    that I'd be drop dead tired
    that I'd have to get up 3-4 times a night to pee
    that I'd have insomnia
    that I'd get really bad heartburn
    that I'd have bad dizzy spells

But you know what its sooooo worth it and I wouldn't change anything!!!

I wish someone told me that bleeding everyday is possible during pg. Also I had pimples on my back - EEEEEWWWWWW. Also that your husband would not really understand!

that pregnancy and labour is the easy part of the parenting gig (I would have enjoyed it more, fatigue and all) and that after the baby is born there's going to be hardly anytime for reading parenting books so I should have been reading them not pregnancy books.

dachlostar - you are so very right

bumpymum Guest

Default ...wish someone had told me....

- that my skin and hair would be so greasy, i'd feel like the oily guy from the old kraft peanut butter ad...
    - that i'd be cranky about the smallest things... :evil:
    - that i'd have to get up at least once during the night to pee, from early in first trimester onwards...
    - that i'd be terrified of gaining weight 8-[
    - that i'd feel really guilty about being terrified of gaining weight because i should be 'warm and fuzzy' about having the baby :-({|=
    - that at 13 weeks pregnant, i couldn't fit into any of my clothes, even though the scales said i hadn't gained weight
    - that at 19 weeks pregnant, i'd feel so 'warm and fuzzy' about having the baby, i'd spend a heap of time massaging my belly and talking to 'the bump'

mama mel Guest

I wish I'd known to enjoy early pg more and not just look fwd to the last bit when you look pg and can feel the baby, etc b/c you'll be so uncomfortable then you'll wish you could be smaller again. And, to enjoy the last part of the pg, back pain, hips permanently out of place and unable to be cracked back in, waddling and all b/c before you know it, it'll be over and you really will miss the special feeling of being pg.

That you CAN'T eat whatever you want when pg (I started at 46kgs and then gained 30..!)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast