123 ...

thread: I wish they told me....

Ex adm!n, quietly rusting....

Feb 2004
    Melbourne

I wish they told me....

So guys what do you wish *they* had told you about pregnancy before you got your BFP?? I thought we might get a bit of a list going, might help the girls following in our preggie footsteps

1) The excess mucus issue - OMG I've had to wear liners for so long now & it's just getting worse!

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Jul 2004

How extreamily hormonal you'd be. For example, crying because the butter was put on the wrong shelf in the fridge.

BellyBelly Life Member

Nov 2003

LOL That my levels of patience would very quickly run out!! I'm usually a very patient person but now I get cranky very easily. Don't mess with a pregnant woman!! LMAO.

The nights you are awake cause you can't sleep from either calf cramps or hip pain etc

Love

Breastfeeding mummy extraordinaire

Sep 2004
    Sydney's Norwest

Same here on the hormones and moodiness. Although some would argue that I'm like that all the time. I don't think I'm as bad this time as I was with the others but still I can change moods in 5 seconds flat.

Take care
    Trish

Jackie Guest

the heartburn and leg cramps, never knew cramp could be that bad

Administrator
    Add Rouge on Facebook

Jun 2003
    Ubiquity

Ummmm wind! LOL! In the first tri I had HUGE amounts of wind!

*hugs*
    Cailin

BellyBelly Member

Mar 2004
    Wales, UK

Back ache...

Jackie Guest

oh yeah, definitely constipation

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Oct 2003
    Forestville NSW

I'm with Kathryn on the whole lack of sleep thing & HIP Pain... oh I think I"m having a sympathy one now! LOL!

BellyBelly Life Member

Jul 2004
    House of the crazy cat ladies...

That it was possible to gain massive amounts of weight...
    The Pelvic pain got pretty bad too...

BellyBelly Member

Aug 2004
    NZ

Period cramps for 4 months, lack of sleep, heartburn, and definitly hormonal issues.

ok take 2 of going back to work.....

Nov 2004
    Giving the gift of life to a friend..

{WIND} from both ends!
    heartburn, itchy skin, sore boobs, constant camel wees, all foods make you feel sick, your body will NEVER look the same again & boobs sag! Loss of hair, constipation & diahorrea in 1 day? Dark skin pigments, headaches, lack of real sleep, exhaustion, moodiness, emotional.....

But ofcourse don't let all that put you off...

BellyBelly Member

Nov 2003
    Newcastle

well id have to say the sleeping thing, and how uncomfy it is, all last pg i was fine, but this time, sleep.. whast that? i even had to use two pillows alst night to try and get comfy, didnt have to do that at all last pregnancy.

take care
    Lesley

Administrator
    Add Rouge on Facebook

Jun 2003
    Ubiquity

I had about 4-5 pillows to help me sleep last pg, one under my belly one at my back two under my legs and 2 to sleep on LOL Poor marc had one pillow to sleep on LOL

*hugs*
    Cailin

Senior Moderator

Nov 2004
    Chickens.

Constant, constant, constant nausea, throwing up every day for more than six months...

But the biggest one for me was: my Mum not telling me that she was hospitalised with high blood pressure for six weeks before her first was born....

And I was hospitalised with pre-eclampsia at 31 weeks.... she didn't tell me until I was in the hospital.... GRRRRRRR...

Mind you, after Alex was born, my grandmother told me that two of her best friends died from pre-eclampsia - I'm glad she told me that AFTERWARDS!

Find out how your Mums were with pg, girlies!

BellyBelly Member

Aug 2004
    Melbourne

clumsiness! we have next to no glasses and crockery left because i keep breaking them all!

BellyBelly Member

Apr 2003
    Western Australia

sciatica.....oooowwwwwwwch!!

Got it now....sigh... 8-[

123 ...