Thread: Irritable Uterus

Red face Irritable Uterus

Hi,

I've been diagnosed with an irritable uterus, has anyone had this and gone on to deliver naturaly without being induced?? At the moment I am siffering contractions and have been since 30 weeks off and on so am totally over the whole trying to deliver thing! I have another apointment with the OB tomorrow to see what they say, I wish I was to term and could be induced as I'm so tired of not sleeping and being in pain constantly!!!

Cheers
    Lisa

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Are you drinking much water?
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Hi Lisa,
    I had an irritable uterus when I was 33wks and went into labour because of it, but the doctors were able to stop labour with tablets and I continued having contractions like yourself and the sleepness nights, and was hopsitilized three times due to such strong contractions. I was not induced and had my DD naturally at 39wks and she weighed 6lb13oz. As Kelly suggested drink lots and lots of water and has your OB done any tests to find out cause of your irritable uterus.
    Hope everything goes well, let us know how you and bubs are doing.

I had an irritablt uterus with DD1 and was in pain from about 34 weeks it drove me mad. At 40wk i was already 2cm and still went on to go 12 days over. I hope it settles down for you. As the girls said drink lots and try to relax- easier said than done i know.

*las* Guest

I had it with DS but it hit me at around 24wks - lots of injections, Nefedipine tablets and bed rest got me through to 36.6wks when I ended up being induced. It was a very nervous and uncomfortable time...I feel for you! A girlfriend also had it with her first pregnancy, and again with her second, hit her around the 28wk mark, she ended up having her second at just under 38wks because of it.

Rest as much as possible, good luck

I have been drinking like a camel LOL!!! Doctor said today he is sure I will deliver very soon and was supprised I had lasted a week since last appointment.

I lost my mucous plug at 34 weeks, have been 2-3cm dilated since 35 weeks, have had three suspected water leaks and been hospitalised once on a course of antibiotics. They think the irritable uterus was triggered by a kidney infection...now if I have a full bladder, get up from sitting, lay down, roll over, walk, or pretty much do anything I get contractions which start but go nowhere...

hi there , this is my third pregnancy , and i have had the same thing its horrible, and worse is not many people understand the annoying pain it is.
    I went into labour at 28 weeks after having my show, 2min apart contractions they were thankfully able stop, with nefedipine- horrible stuff. and bed rest .
    luckily i havent dilated so im happily 32 weeks at home where i belong lol..
    im quite content to wait untill bubs is ready now, if u just try to relax , drink lots, and limit intercourse you will find it should settle down alot, good luck and i wish u the best for your bubs arrival.

i went into labour at 30 weeks too which they stopped with Nefedipine also...forgot to mention that !!!

cari28 Guest

Uterine irritability can be caused from lack of sufficient hydration. Empty your bladder often and drink lots of fluid. Rest on your left side and avoid long periods of walking or standing. Sometimes these contractions can be stopped with Procardia (Nifedipine) or Terbutaline (Brethine). Sometimes women on these medications go on to deliver at term naturally and others have to be induced. True labor consists of contractions that are strong enough to change your cervix, otherwise they are considered braxton hicks contractions.