Thread: Itch, Itch, Itch!!!!!

the jordan...s Guest

Default Itch, Itch, Itch!!!!!

Hi girls,

Anyone else struggling to cope with being itchy? It's driving me mad!!!!!! I have yet to discover any stretch marks and have been religiously liberally applying Vitamin E cream to stop them, but everyone I speak to seems to think that they come with being itchy!!

Hope someome can help, before I go crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sam J

PS. Am due with bubs in 11 days!

Where are you itchy? Is it just your belly or all over (including palms)? If it is all over speak to your care provider as there are some medical conditions that present as itchiness.

If it is just your belly umm not sure, maybe calamine lotion or a cool shower. I have been told it is your skin stretching. Fingers crossed on no stretchies.

RobynG Guest

I had an awful itch that kept me awake in the last trimester of my first pregnancy. My head and chest were very itchy. Nothing relieved it. I tried different shampoos and soaps. I think it was hormones for me though because a few weeks after birth it went. I checked it with my doc and I didnt have the condition that luey is refferring to but I had been worried it was that.

the jordan...s Guest

Thanks ladies. It is only my belly, specifically up high just under where my bra sits (have tried changing to many diff styles). It tends to worsen of a night, but not to the point that it is keeping me awake. Had mentioned it to midwife before (when it wasn't so intense) and just put it down to the heat and being hot. See OBS tomorrow, so will speak with him again!

Wish me luck,

Sam J

Over the last 2 weeks my belly has got really really itchy too. i am lathering the cream on but it is just itchy all the time - no SM here either... think it is just one of those things that we are going to have to put up with until bubs arrives!

~Belinda~ Guest

Oh and I know exactly what you mean! When I was pregnant, it used to get so itchy on my tummy up high where the bottom of my bra was. It drove me insane and I scratched so much, I made myself bleed....!

Oh I feel better reading that Bindy... I scratched my belly so hard the other day it's red raw now. And now even MORE itchy!! Arrgghh.

Yep, I had belly itchiness... drives you nuts... however anyone reading this thread who has palm or foot itchiness please see your GP/carer a.s.a.p because it could be cholestasis which could be harmful to bubba if not picked up. I had this... the itchiness drove me insane, kept me awake etc.

Hi Ladies:
    I had cholestasis of pregnancy with both children. It is a horrendous thing to go through. The itching is not able to be satiated in anyway. i tried everything. Calamine,creams,cool bathing,anything and nothing alleviated it. My blood results were quiet bad so i ended up having my children induced without complication. I only had the itching on my abdomen though,and yes i scratched till i bled. I believe that there are prescription meds now to help the condition. i believe that they help slightly. If you are still having these symptoms please notify your ob/gyn as the other ;ladies have said as it can indicate this condition is present.

Yep, I had to have my 3rd baby induced at 37 weeks due to the cholestasis. The itch is from bile salts that build up in your system, accumulating in your hands and feet. So the itch was very deep and intense. They don't really know why it happens but it's very dangerous for your baby.

Geeze,
    This sounds scary! I really thought it was itching due to stretch marks. I have plenty and I itch sooo sooo much on my boobs and my belly until it goes red!

Better ask my ob this thursday.

Goodluck jordan!

OMG I itched all over in my third tri. My arms, legs, belly, neck. It was terrible. I scratched so much that I had sores all over me. I had the blood tests and I was fine it was just the damned itch. Nothing soothed it... Once the baby was here the itch went away.

Not all itching is the dangerous kind. It mainly depends on the intensity and the location... palms and feet = worrying.