Thread: Itchy hands and feet??

Question Itchy hands and feet??

Hi ladies,

Was wondering if any of you have suffered with itchy hands and feet at all? I have had a problem with this over the last week or so. It is not constant, but gets worse at night. I was wondering if you think it could just be a heat thing or that condition you get which has something to do with your liver?? I have an appointment with my OB on Tuesday morning as was going to ask then. Do you think I should wait till then or right the midwife tomorrow morning to see what they say. It worries me as I have heard that this late in pregnancy it can cause stillbirth?? Would love to hear if any of you have suffered from this as well.

xxx Nita

Thanks Carley,

Am thinking I might ring the midwife this morning and see what they say. They will probably say to just come in tomorrow as planned and check me out then. It worries me a bit. Woke up last night and my hands were so itchy. Not the palms, just in between my fingers and on the tops of them. Tried so hard not to rub them and make them worse!

xxx Nita

hi there, get this checked out i think. i had the liver condition and the itching was unbearable, especially on the hands and my feet. they like to induce you at 38wks if it is the liver condition, obstetric cholestatis, for bubs safety.

im sure everything is absolutely fine but best to get it checked out as OC is characterised by the exact sort of itching you describe.

beccas

Hi Beccas,

I had a blood test today to see if I have the condition you are talking about. I have my OB appointment tomorrow morning at 9.30am and I told the pathology department that we need the results for then seeing as I am already just over 38 weeks. Will see what happens tomorrow. Fingers crossed that everything is ok and I can carry on as normal. Will see if I "itch" all night tonight!

xxx Nita

hi, how did you go with the ob appt?

Hi Beccas,

Had my OB app and all was fine with the liver function tests, but will have to wait for the bile tests results?? What it boils down to he said is that I don't have to worry, and that I don't have the cholestatis, which was HUGE relief. He said that towards the end of pregnancy your hormone levels are so high that can be cause of itchy hands and feet as well. I think I was more worried about being induced that anything. Was still thinking I had another week to 2 weeks at least to relax LOL! Thanks for your posts, and I am glad I had it checked out. Am really glad of the good result.

xxx Nita