Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It just gets worse

Default It just gets worse

Well I had my booking in appointment just an huor ago and I have come home even more upset now then ever. I told the midwife all about my rash and my headaches and my feeling lethargic , everything and she didnt give a toss. She just said to me, it all sounds very normal for pregnancy. She didn't even ask to look at my rash, omg I could scream. She made me feel like I was being a drama queen about it all.

Then to top of everything, which has me balling my eyes out, is she asked me when bubs was due I told her by my dates 26th March and I know I am spot on cause we only had sex that once, but that the ulrasound says 28th March but two days off big deal right, but then she tells me that on the ulrasound report it says "APRIL 12TH" WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF And she is now going by that date. omg I argued the point abut it and said to her I should know and not to mention when the lady who did the ultrasound was asking me about dates she said I was very close but the ultrasound says 28th. But then she goes and puts April 12 th on the report and now they are sticking with that date. I will be like 3 weeks over due! I could scream. A computer error and they take that as the "ALL"! But then she measures my fundus and says that it is 33cm when I am only 29 weeks pregnant. Wouldnt she thinki that me being the mother would know the due date and if there is a question about it to have me have another ultrasound!

I am fed up wth not being heard, I just feel like never going back till he is due now.

No urine test nothing!

So thorough arn't they!

She orderd some blood test for GD and hepatitis which is what they do now apparently, but none for checking ut the liver. She didnt even want to know about the rash and just said"oh thats no good" then said "it must be annoying" UM YEAH!!!!!! I have scratched my skin to shreds for godsake!

OK off to cry some more I am furious, I am sick of never being heard and I told her everyhting.

Im so sorry to hear how you have been treated soul. Is there any way you can go to another hospital?

OMG where do they get these people from?????
    I remember when i was pg with #1 after my ultrasound my obstetrician said he never went by dates on that because and i quote "If I saw a photo of you naked would I be able to tell how old you were?" I have always remembered that cause i think its true. Is there anyway you can get down to Hornsby hospital or anything? (I have read some of your other posts on this matter)

Soul
    A big comfy hug from me.
    If your dating U/S was done at 8 10 weeks it can be out by 1 week either way. The later they do the U/S the more inaccurate it becomes, your midwife should know this. The most accurate way to know when you are due is to only have sex once. If you had told me this then I would be going by your dates. A lot of hospitals no longer take routine urine tests but I would have thought it a good idea considering your symptoms. Also If you had blood taken for GD it would have been very easy to also take blood to check your liver and a couple of other things. Measuring the fundal height is not a good indicator of how many weeks pregnant you are. This measurement can vary depending on the position of the baby, and the ability of the person doing the measuring.

Soul where on the central coast are you? I am coming down to NSW (Forbes) in a couple of weeks and I would be willing to pay you a visit if you think it would be of any help to you ( no charge) My email is [email protected] drop me a line.

Oh guys its just so bloody annoying!

Well this is it, when she was doing the ultrasound (19 weeks I was) she actually said to me the dates were showing bubs woud be due 28th March so that is why I am so shocked why doe sit say on the report 12th April!All I know is I had my last period on the 17th June 2006 and I found out I was pregnant on the 17th July the same day I lost my baby a year before. And that is a fact for my last Menstroul cycle. So work that out for me, shoudlnt Pheen be due on the 24th or 26th March then? How are the getting April from a computer!Plus if I have GD again, midwife bets her life on it I DO, then letting me go three weeks over due could be seriously dangerous for both me and Pheen right!

Alan sweet, I am in Niagara Park, forbes is wayyy over the other side, but what a beautiful offer . I thought they check for protien in a womens urine each visit. So what is it like thses days, go in have a belly feel and your outta there! That is just BS!

She also said that she thinks this baby will be large and that she bets her life I have GD and its causing bubs to be big. I feel she is right because I really think I have it again too. I feel it. Having blood test on Monday morning early.

Soul,
    Do you have your ultrasound scans?? as they have bubs measurements on them. Next visit, take them with you, and shove it under her nose,,,she can't refute the measurements if they say EDD is 28th,,,thus proving the report was a typo?
    I would also get in to see your gp as soon as you can about the rash. Gp's afterall tend to have a little more time to listen than the clinics do. I also dont get my urine tested either,,or weight,,,,,in fact, all they do (and i am high risk, seeing the registrar) blood pressure,, quick feel and listen with doppler,, and thats it, but at least the OB I see there is lovely and will listen to what I am saying without making me feel like I am just a whinger.
    You know your body hun, if you feel like something is wrong, go and get is seen to by someone else,,,afterall, a second opinion cant hurt right?

My ob didn't do urine either and he was great and very thorough, they just don't do it anymore apparently.

Soul, I am so sorry to hear you had such a horrible visit. That is not how you should walk out of your scan. I don't blame you at all for being upset. During our u/s the dr said that we were still spot on for our dates, no changes, but then my OB showed me the report and it said that we were due on the 3rd March but that the foetus was measuring 5 days less than what it was - we decided it was a typo and ignored it, but I also got rather upset at the time. That midwife sounds rediculous, you can request not to have her again. I hope you start to feel more cheery soon. I would also go by when you think your due, after all, you know when you did the deed and I would say impossible to fall pregnant 3 weeks after that!! Take care Soul.

Lil_Aussie I can't see anywhere on the ultrasound pics the EDD. And there are so many measurements I cant work out what is for what! Definatley isnt any EDD on the scans themselves though, stupid ha! I can handle everyhting else you know, but the dates, sheesh its hard enough having to wait till 26th March without them adding another 3 weeks to that. My worry is what if I go over due and they think its all normla cause in there minds I am not due till 12th April! The baby may get so big it causes problems getting him out. Espeically if I do have GD like her and i thnk I do. He'll be big like my fourth child was.

Thanks everyone I know you all are just being positive I am just so depressed tonight. But I will go see a really good GP I have heard of and tell him evberything and I am sure he will get me to go for another scan.

Justa thought, can you request a scan done if you pay for it yourself or can it only be done through a doctors recommendatation?

I think if you find a sympathetic GP they can write a referral for a private one, it will cost acouple of hundred dollars though prob.

Soul, I feel so sorry for you, what a lot to go through, and that midwife sounds so uncaring. The birth centre I go to I do my own urine test for protein, glucose and blood every time. I hope you end up having some luck with the new GP, and from what I know, Christine is right, the GP can write you a referral for an ultrasound but you probably will have to pay for it all. I'm thinking "small baby" thoughts for you (but not like 5 lbs or anything!!)

Good luck.

sasha
    mrsmac
    Rachel
    Thank you all ya gorgous women!

No worries anytime, we all need all the support you can get in this world I think.

christine, may I call you that, and if you say yes just call me Jay! Your a sweetehart you truly are!

Jay, of course you can call me Christine lol! Glad to be here, its nice to feel needed.

Soul i woudl be going to anyone else to be checked. Pity you cant go to another hossy... But you may have to, if you want to be looked after... And my OB in WA always checked my urine. It only takes like 5 seconds.

Soul
    That hossy sounds shocking! I hope you go and see a GP and get sorted out soon. Pffft on the midwife putting an extra 3 weeks on your EDD.. I can imagine how frustrating it is.... Im getting frustrated with only 4 day difference between u/s dates and LMP dates.
    Hugs, Jenni

scorpiomum omg father whwere is your pregnancy going"? 35 weeks already heck I am jelous!

I am going to see my new gp this thursday as he gets back then and am I excited or what!!!!! I got a feeling he will put everyhting at ease and be very thorough with me too. I am starting to think the rash is some form of dermatitis now cause you should see how bad its spread from scratching it. Skin is just peeling away now. And its has spread like this huge massive red lump under my arm. DHG is betting it is a form of dermatitis I told him I hope that is all it is. The eddd has really got me highly peed off I tell ya! And I am so stubborn I am not going to give in til that is sorted out!

Thanks for asking my sweet! How r u feeling anyways, I bet you have just about had enough right!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast