Thread: Just started packing!

Default Just started packing!

And I thought I was organised... boy was I wrong!!!

There is still so many things that I need to get.... and *whinge* I hate that I have to have a list of clothes to pack at last minute as I wear everything now!!!

What has everyone else done with there bags?

i always went with murpys law approcah that if i packed my bag early my bub would be waaay over due ....
    but around 37 weeks i packed and unpacked my bags / rearranged it so many times ... so i left it ..
    I had a sched c/s so the night before i packed my bag with fresh clothes ..

but i found i didnt need half the stuff i brought and i also found that the less you bring the better , because depending on where you live dh can pop back and gt it for you next visiting hours ..

I didn't pack my clothes until the day before I went into labour (and Nat was a week o/d). I didn't have enough clothes to do that. So I waited until I felt niggles, then packed Other things like pads and undies and spare toiletries I packed in advance, just gradually stocked up on things when doing the shopping in the weeks leading up to it.
    Ooooh, how exciting for you to be planning all this!

Congrats hun! I found that I lived out of my suitcase for the last few weeks because I was wearing alot that I wanted packed too. I would just wear whatever-if it was ok to pack again or wear the next day I would fold it at the end of the day and put it back or straight into the wash. Was a bit of a hassle but this way I could still wear what I needed and know that I wasnt going to forget anything!
    Good luck!

DoubleK Guest

i packed a pile of baby clothes, and undies, pads and toiletries for myself. i was staying at my mums place every sunday night, and she was taking me to my OB appts every monday, then bringing me home.. so i was semi packed all the time!! i only needed a pair of trakkies, 2 tops, jacket and a nightie.

i know what to / not to take next time too... i ended up sending dp home with stuff, so i didnt have to being so much home in one go! lol

Yeah I know what you mean about what not to bring...

I have just packed the toiletries I can... I wear contacts so that stuff and my glasses can't go in yet! I wear my trackies actually live in them... so they are still out, as with my tops!!! I dont have a great deal that fits!!!

So I have a list that I need to put in just before we go to hosp... I did that last time... I am only taking 3 sets of PJ's, 5 pairs of undies, and 2.5 days of clothes... 3 packets of pads and 1/2 a pack of nursing pads... oh and 3 bras!!! then the essentials... hairdryer, straightner, make up, toiletries, camera and batteries... plastic bags for dirty stuff to go home with mum in!!! Baby's bag is just 2 little s/sleeve no leg rompers, going home outfit, nappies, wipes and a dummy...

That's not OTT is it?

Enchanted Guest

I don't think it is OTT... I packed waaay too much when I went in and now I know for next time!!

What you packed sounds perfect... maybe take a blanket for bubs for when you leave hossy.

oh yeah... I have packed a blanket too!!!

thanks...

I packed my bags about 4 weeks before DS was due (about this time last year........ *sigh*). I am glad I did as we had a mad dash out the door. The bag was sitting at the front door for those four weeks, so we just grabbed it. It was so fast that we didn't even have time to put the bag in our hossy room, so the bag got to watch the baby being born too....... a real family event. Even our luggage got involved!!

I recommend packing your bags in advance. You NEVER know what is going to happen.