Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lost my plug!..now what???lol

Default lost my plug!..now what???lol

Hi ladies and middies,

yesterday i had the 39 week internal checkup. My due date is this friday. And on the bishop scale thingamajig, i am already 3cm dialated?

And now since this morning, ive been loosing my plug!. So how long is it likely that labour will start?..something like with in 24 hours, or could it be days?

Im also booked in for an induction for next monday. So is it likely ill go before then?

Mel

Hi Mel, probably not the answer you are after but a show could happen up to a few weeks before labour starts. Of course you are already 39 weeks.

Wondering why you were given an internal at your appt ? And why you are booked in for an induction already ?

Hi Mel,

I have had pains 5 mins apart all night and had a small show this afternoon, but the midwives have still told ne it could be a couple of weeks !!! So i quess no one really knows how long they are going to take, we just have to play the waiting game im afraid.
    Good luck with your induction if you make it that far

Lea x

Unfortunately it could still be a few days. But a lot of women do go into labour with a day or two after having a show. Have you had any pinkish tinge yet to the mucus?

Like Trish, I'm curious to know is it for medical reasons you are booked in for induction?

All the best.

What now?? Now you wait! LOL.

For me, both times losing my mucus plug was the onset of labour - with DD that lasted 72 hours, with DS only 5 so there's no way of knowing.

Good luck beating your induction date - I managed to both times!

It was six days for me.....

I started to lose it 2 or 3 days before & had DD2.

DD1 had show & labour started that night. DS had no warning really. No mucus, no show. Was waiting for it.

2 weeks for me

yep, i started losing mine at about 38 weeks, went into labour at 12.30am on the 22nd dec 06, had blake on the 23rd dec at 11.30.....

your plug replenishes if its not time yet.

mine didnt really come out properly (i am talking handfuls) until i was about 5cm's dialated in hospital

i have been losing my plug for 2 weeks now, and im still holding bub in.

Thanks everyone for your replies.

Yep nothing has happened still. No waters breaking. And the de-plugging has stopped!lol

Yes the induction thing. Well to be honest guys, as this is going to sound really stupid. Im now scratching my head also, as to why am i really getting induced!

I went for an internal last weds. And they scored me on the bishop score of 3. While there are no serious health issues, like blood pressure. There was concerns that bubs might be really big. But then even the doctor didnt base this on the fact that i would get induced for this. But more on the fact that Im favourable to getting induced, because im a 3 on the bishop scale???. So im not sure what to think??

My due date is actually today. So im 40 weeks today. So i have doubts about whether its really necessary on me getting induced! Im thinking ive gone this far, might as well wait it out naturally?

Im thinking she has booked me for an induction just for convenience for the hospital or something. Stupid me either didnt ask enough questions, or the right ones??

Im thinking of ringing up my shared cared gp and middy, to see what they say, and maybe the antinatal clinic. Cause im a little lost at this point.

Mel

Hi, I would think you are well on the way to going into labour by yourself and would definately be holding off, getting induced is not heaps of fun generally, because your labour usually starts off really hard instead of warming into it, my plug came out around 5 days before I went into labour, I was 10 days overdue and my doc had just started talking about doing something. I think you will find it won't be long now, exciting is'nt it!!!!!

Oh Mel, I'm sorry to hear things haven't started to happen yet on there own. But congrats on reaching your due date. I think you might have just hit the nail on the head, with your thoughts on it being more convienent for the hospital for them to induce you on monday, rather than it being in your best interest. From what I have read and learnt, unnecessary intervention normally leads to further intervention. If it were me, I would definately being ringing to ask why the induction for Monday, or telling them that I would much prefer to wait for my body to start on it's own. If you are already 3cm dilated, then your body to obviously capable to do things on it's own, why rush it!! Trust yourself and trust your body, they won't leave you astray like some hospitals might....... But like I said that would just be me, lol.

Hi ladies,

thanks for your replies. Well i got some clearer answers yesterday. And also found myself in an unexpectant situation!lol

I went to see my gp, and the middie that works together. They have dealt with my previous two pregnancies.

I told the middie, that im not exactly sure as to why im really being induced. And about the bishop score thing. I said i dont want to get induced, if its based on convenience!!! She at first totally agreed with me, and then made a few phone calls to clarify what the antinatal clinic told me. After she got off the phone, and said, that the doctor who did the internal and arranged the induction appointment, should have explained things much better to me. She was not impressed with that doctor. She said that on the bishop score thing, that im not a 3 but infact an 8!. And that im not dialated 3cm, but stretched, due to this being my third pregnancy. So she doesnt know why they mentioned 3cm dialiation at all? And the main reason for the induction is because bubs is big. (i know many of you posters will think this is just wronge). I was persistant and said, well ive gone this far, and if health wise i feel ok, then i might as well wait it out naturally. She said, well at the end of the day, yes it is my choice. Anyway, she then went on to take my blood pressure. And thats when things went a little haywire.

My blood pressure sky rocketed. And came up to 143/99!!!!. Even though i had been sitting in the waiting room just looking at a mag for over an hour! So i dont know how this could occur??? Its not like i was running a marathon!. So much for me and my big mouth!!!lol I saw it with my own eyes. She said its good that i came in, as now i have to go straight to hospital births unit, to get monitored! i thought OMG!!!lol. They didnt even want me to go home, but straight to hospital. I said i have to pick my kids up, and get hubby. So they let me go, after ringing up the hospital to let them know i was on my way.

Bottom line, i sat in the births unit for 5 hours. Getting my blood pressure checked. It was up, but after each hour, it dropped. They took my bloods and urine. ANd im thinking, this is not what i expected!lol...i was trying to avoid going into hospital early, and look where i am now!.

Luckily my blood pressure dropped after each hour checkup, and despite this, the middie,still said there is no choice but i have to get induced on monday. i told them i had doubts about wanting to get induced. The middies did understand my point of view, but because of bubs being big, and the risks, and with the blood pressure problems, and a history with it with my previous pregnancies. They said no im a candidate for it.

I tried my best to go the natural way, but looks like my own body has betrayed me at the last minute.

Mel

Hey Mel, big hugs to you. This is what happened with my first 2 and prob. will happen this time too. All the best for Mon. Have you benn induced before?
    Take care.

All the best for monday Mel, I can't wait to hear all about it. And your right, the right type of birth is what is best for both mum and bub, so good luck.

Hi Rose,

thanks for your reply. Yep, ive been induced before. It was with my first born (8.5 years ago!lol). I got induced a week earlier, due to a high risk of pre-eclamsia, as my blood pressure was up from the get go.. But everything went well. So hopefully, i can say the same thing this time round too. Already quite anxious about it though.

Mel

I really hope you go by yourself before then. Just so you don't have to worry about induction.
    I'll be waiting for the announcement though!

Good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast