Thread: Milk ducts under arms???

Default Milk ducts under arms???

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick Q, has anyone ever experienced lumps under their armpits?

im currently 27 & 1/2 weeks pregnant & I have a small lump under my right armpit and is a little sore to touch and was hoping that it was a milk duct or something related to milk and not something more sinister.

I will get it checked out but was just wondering for piece of mind if it is normal to have such a lump during pregnancy.

Any advice is appreciated!!

Hey Michelle,

I actually have a lump in my underarm too but I dont think it has anything to do with prgncy cause I got one a few years ago. I dont think it is anything bad and should go away after time. I was meant to mention it to my doc last visit but forgot so dont know exactly what it is!

Just looked on the net and this is what I found..

Swollen Lymph nodes
    The lymph nodes are part of the lymphatic system that is part of the immune system. Lymph nodes often swell in response to infection or disease. Sometimes this is somewhat inaccurately called "swollen glands" (lymph nodes are not glands; they do not secrete anything). The most common locations of lymph node swelling are in the neck, groin and underarm, though many other locations are possible.

Numerous conditions and infections can cause swollen lymph nodes including:
    Common cold
    Infections
    Viruses
    OR it could even be this...

The lump could be what is known as a sebaceous cyst a build-up of the oily substance secreted in hair follicles. Sebaceous cysts usually just disappear on their own, though they can require treatment if they become infected and sore.
    Would probably be best to get it checked out to find out exactly what it is! And also tell me cause my next visit to GP isnt for another 4 wks
    Last edited by Ngala; February 4th, 2007 at 09:13 PM. Reason: more info..

Shellstar

Try to have a look at it. If it is red or white and you can see an obvious pimple type lump then it is a sebaceous cyst.
    You can help to get rid of this by washing the area with very hot water and soap. You could also try to exfoliate.
    If you can not see much apart from maybe a bump under the skin then it is a swollen gland.
    Ngala is correct this is usually caused by an infection of some sort and should go down on its own.

Fletch, is it a bodywash that you use instead of soap?

Shell, I had a lump type of thing a while ago which was kinda at the side of my armpit where your boob kinda joins if that makes sense - it was a little tender but not ouch sore. I did have the doc check it cos I was paranoid about it but she did say that it's very hard to tell when you're pg cos your boobs do get lumpy naturally. She didn't think it was anything to worry about and I think it's gone now cos I can't find it. If worried, just get your doc to double check it for you.

Hi Michelle,

Did you get that lump in your underarm checked out?? I got my one checked at my checkup with doc today because it was gotten quite large and you can actually see the shape of the lump when I put my arm up. Anyways! The doc had a feel and he said that it was breast tissue!! He said that some ladies breast tissue extends into the underarm and when you are pg, they will grow with your boobs! Weird huh?!

I haven't got a lump under my arm, but I have a swollen lymph node on my forearm, just below my elbow. I first noticed it when I was 8 weeks pg and finally got it checked out at about 16 weeks pg when they did a CT. I was told it was nothing to worry about and it has already reduced in size from the size of a 10 cent coin to that of a 5 cent coin.