Thread: nausea help

Default nausea help

Hey there,

I can't find anything to tell me if this is normal or not.

Anyone experienced last trimester nausea that's identical to morning sickness? I feel horrible, I can't eat anything, I can't even stomach getting down my AN vitamins. I also feel dizzy and having hot flushes at times. I am sleeping around 16 hrs a day and just unable to do anything at all, I feel so exhausted and fatigued. I was supposed to go and get my BP checked today as I've had high BP problems and thought the symptoms might be related, but I'm too unwell to travel to the doctor's, I won't be able to get there without throwing up. I don't fancy doing that with a bus trip and two children in tow.

I haven't been able to eat anything except dried bread for about a week now. How am I going to get through labour when I can't even eat to sustain my baby now?

Even if I was prescribed anti nausea medication, I can't take it as I am allergic to all of them that I've ever tried, I end up in an ambulance.

Is this normal, because I never felt like this in my other pregnancies

I've had the nausea too, its horrid isn't it?

What did you do during the first tri (If you got m/s then)?

Small meals, frequently. Nothing too acidic like tomatoes, juices etc. Milky stuff if you can have it ... I've been carrying around mueslie bars and when I start to feel my tummy move, I just have a small nibble of it. Then I let it settle and then have a little more. Drinking lots at a single time will also set me off. Also lots of running around and stuff, so if you can, move slowly (Not likely with 2 littlies though!)

I would be going to the docs if you can ... might be worth getting your iron checked out to help with the tiredness....

good luck with it all!

Hey Kazbah,
    Thanks for you reply, sorry to hear you are suffering from it also, you must be well and truly over it.

I only had 2 weeks of m/s first tri, all went away at 8 weeks, and what I did have wasn't that bad. I think I just ate icecream back then and watermelon. I'll try the small meals often and see if that helps. I'm going to get some milk arrowrout bikis to start with and hopefully move onto more substantial food. I feel I could only stomach dry bikis at this point.

Good point about the iron levels too, they were low last BT and I was supposed to go on supplements, but due to the constipating thing I didn't and thought that my prenatals would do it, mabye that's the problem.

At the health food store there are liquid iron supplements called "Spa Tone" that my OB put me onto. Just mix with a little cordial, juice or whatever you like. They don't cause the constipation (to me at least!) They are exy though - $14 for a fortnight's worth.

Also try ginger - ginger ale, ginger beer, ginger tabs, ginger nuts etc. Hopefully you won' have indigestion!

Ugh - awful feeling isn't it!?

Try stabbing a lemon and sniffing it - sounds weird but for some reason it's always worked for me

hope you're feeling better soon...

Bec