Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newborn Clothing - Have I made a mistake???

Default Newborn Clothing - Have I made a mistake???

Hi Ladies,
    I think I may have made a mistake by buying about 6 0000 outfits for bub...
    At my last OB appointment I was told they were estimating a weight of 8 - 8 1/2 pounds for bub...
    Does this sound too big for 0000???
    Most of the stuff still has the tags on... should I take the stuff back now and swap for a larger size???
    Thanks in advance!
    Lily

DD2 was 7lb12 and she was in 0000 outfits for the first 4-6 weeks but id def not take the tags off til bub is here....depends on bubs length too....sometimes u can get away with 0000 clothes if they are shorter then average. I find now DD can still fit into some 0000 clothes...but also 000 and 00...so it really does vary!

ok my DD was 11pds 3oz born and she could fit into 0000 but it was like only for 2 1/2 weeks or so!! bonds wondersuits were to small in the 0000 but fine in 000

hope this helps!!!
    Last edited by maddysmummy; February 11th, 2008 at 01:24 PM.

Hi

Both my boys were 8 pound babies and i did not buy any 0000 outfits. Some of the 000 outfits were a bit big but nothing that was too drastic. I do think that the 0000 will fit your bubs for a week or two but i am not too sure. I personally would take them back and swap for 000. Its a personal choice.

HTH Nikki

Maybe take some back now that arn't your favs because if you wait too long some places ( target for sure) might not refund the full purchase price if its no longer current season.
    I took back stuff that I hung on too for a while & didn't get a full refund.
    I found my kids didn't last long in 0000 but mostly from the length. I would be swapping all your wonder suit type outfits for 000's & maybe keeping tags on the rest.

Zander was 8lb 14oz and he was in 0000 for about 3 weeks so 6 outfits wouldn't be too much IMO.

And besides, those u/s measurements are very rarely accurate in predicting bubs size

my DS was 7lbs 14 and he was in a 000...all depends on the bubb each is diff

I agree with Sarah, the us measurements aren't that acurate when estimating the weight... I found DD (7pound7) was in 4 and 3 0's for ages... the only thing I would have changed was that I wouldn't have had so much neutral, as soon as we new she was a girl, she was in pink all the time!

But 6 outfits is enough... that will only last 3 days max!!! you'll be changong bubs quite often!!!

Your baby will prob fit in them for awhile. Like the others said diff brands vary in sizes. Also, it's ahrd for your ob to say how big your baby will be. I've heard heaps of stoies where they say, "WOW you're having a big one" and they're tiny and vice versa so don't be too concerned with that. 6 outfits is not too many and you will get heaps of pressies in bigger sizes. Good luck!

Oh I read it as she has 60000 outfits LOL, if its only 6 I think you will be ok,.

Quote Originally Posted by FionaJill View Post
    Oh I read it as she has 60000 outfits LOL, if its only 6 I think you will be ok,.
    LOl FJ....imagine how much they would have all cost??

Oh I didn't think she actually bought 60000 I just figured she was saying she bought a LOT KWIM LOL

Jesse was born 8lb 9oz and only wore 0000 for about 2 weeks.. plus i found alot of babies clothes shrink which makes it even worse! Id just make sure you keep the receips or if you can id go and exchange some for a size 000. Doesnt matter if theyre a little bit big, just if theyre too small they may be un comfy

DS was 7 pound 4 and was in 0000 for a long time - over 6 weeks. But he was quite short - only 49cm long at birth.

6 outfits is certainly not too much considering you can change a baby 2 -3 times a day!

HTH

C was an 8lb 8oz and he was in 0000 for what seemed like forever
    H was a 9lb 10oz and even she was in them for a while

Id say 6 outfits would be ok, but I wouldn't buy anymore until you know for sure. The sizes they predict can mean nothing at all. I got told C was going to be 6lb

Don't panic, like everyone has said the measurements aren't very accurate....... I know I only have 2-3 outfits in 0000, with alot more 000 and 00 clothing...... You never know exactly how big bub will be.....

I was constantly told that DD would be big, from scans and fundal height- well over 4kg's and she was only 3.6kg, about average. She was long though at 56cm so didn't fit into 0000 for very long, maybe three weeks. Then she was wearing 000 for a while. She is tall though an is now in size 1's at 10 mths (since about 8 1/2 mths) !

Oh my gosh, you girls are AMAZING!!!
    Thank you SO very much - there's heaps of info here!
    I laughed out loud when FJ thought I bought 6000 outfits!!! It's tempting but I'm trying to be careful with money!
    I might take a couple back and opt for some 000 clothes I think... That way I'll feel better and won't be worried about it. Clothes that are a little too big are better than a little too small I think - and I really don't want to waste any money.
    Thanks so much again!
    Lily

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast