Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nipple stimulation?(bit TMI)

Default Nipple stimulation?(bit TMI)

Hi all,

Was just wondering if anyone has tried Nipple stimulation?

I started it the other night, just stimulating one nipple for about 2-3mins and it brought on a really BIG contraction(or what i can imagine one to be, as im a first timer).

It felt like really BAD period pain and my stomach went rock hard. Then it made me feel like i was going to chuck and do no. 2's all at the same time (sorry TMI), so i had to rush off to the toilet. I tried it again last night and ended up with the same reaction.

Does anyone know if this was the right reaction i was supposed to get? Has anyone else had it happen to them?

Simone

LMAO! Yeah thanks Fletch

Yes, that's what happened to me. I did nipple stimulation and swear it brought labour on so fast , mind you I did it on and off for a week before! But it does cause contractions! Maybe worth continuing! xsox

Thanks Meg. Lol, thought i was just weird. Thats good, i guess ill just have to keep trying.

Simone

Lol Fletch...so sympathetic :P

I'd say it's definitely doing something for you. The midwife the other day did tell me some women do vomit when they start the labour process.

I tried it last night but I'm not sure I'm doing it right...It's hard to tell when I get BH so much - might try again later or tonight.

Yes Simone it sounds like its working. That sounds like a contraction to me.

Yep that's the reaction you want

I did this with my breast pump in the week before I was induced (one of the many things I tried) and I got some pretty decent contractions - unfortunately for me they just faded out to nothing after about an hour each time.

Well i had my last Birth centre appointment today and conned the midwife into giving me a Stretch and Sweep
    So ill continue on with the NS, EPO capsules and 'doing the deed' and see how far that gets me. Hopefully a baby!!!

Simone xxx

Hi Shorty
    Yes that is the reaction that you want. Keep it up girl

Thanks Alan, i will

Keep playing with those nipples Shorty. We want bubba out before he hits 5kgs

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

My sis did some nipple stimulation 6 weeks before my niece was due, it brought on early contractions which nurses managed to stop. (she was also in hospital for a couple of days being given steroid injections to get bub's lungs ready). I don't think she intended to do it to bring early labour on, it was more to try and relieve the pain of the full boobs. (she'll probably kill me for telling you all this)

Hey Shorty,

Those feelings of needing to poo are actually what you want - believe it or not.

When I had DS I was induced, had the epidural and then was told that I needed to tell them when I was ready to push as he needed to come out quick due to his condition deteriorating.

They only way I new was the pressure in my bottom. It's the head really low down. And yes, unfortunately, I've had friends who start being sick when they go into labour. Thankfully that didn't happen to me!

So what's a Stretch and Sweep? I can imagine the stretch as I've heard that's very painful, but the sweep????

I have inverted nipples, so I've been stimulating them for most of my pregnancy and have used the Niplets also to try and utilise the relaxon hormone and get them out before bubs #2 comes along. I have started to get small amounts of colustrum from the right boob.

I will have to be careful I suppose not to over do it, as I don't want it to bring on early labour. I've been advised though, to start hand expressing from 36 weeks, so that will be interesting what reaction I get when I start doing that!

Good luck and let us know how you go with it all.

Hope something happens soon Simone. Good luck hun.

Tash- Yes Fletch is right, a stretch and sweep is to try to help stir up the membranes, as i havent had a 'show' as yet (well i did have part of one this morning). It can also help in the release of hormones which can kick-start labour. It actually wasnt as painful as i thought it would be, it just felt like a strong period pain that went away.

Natalie- Thank you Havent really had anything happen yet, but im seeing the doctor tomorrow so he might give me another S&S hopefully, then i will start on my homeopathics to try and get things moving.

Thanks all
    Simone xxx

Shorty
    are you uing EPO? It can help

Yes Alan, i make sure i do it everyday.

Just a question about nipple stimulation and colostrum...I have been leaking colostrum (I assume that is what it yes, bright yellow) for about the last 3-4 weeks. When I tried the nipple stimulation last night, and today, I was expressing colostrum and also a more milk like looking substance.

Is it ok to be expressing this colostrum now? Will I produce more for the baby's first few feeds when he is born?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast