Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nipple stimulation?(bit TMI)

Ok, this is definitely one of those "I can't believe I'm asking this" questions, but . . .

If nipple stimulation can bring on contractions, does that mean that DH should be hands (and everything else!!) off for the next couple of weeks when it would be too early for bubs to come along?? Or does it not work that way?

Id say that when it comes to Nipple stimulation- Yes, tell DH to keep his hands off for a couple more weeks As for 'doing the deed' thats fine so long as you have no pain or discomfort.

HTH
    Simone

Jo, it's totally fine You'll produce more so bub will still get heaps of colostrum after birth.

My toddler's still BF so he's getting all the colostrum now. He'll have to share soon! LOL

Lulu, I think, like most things, it'll only work if your body's ready to go anyway?? So a little bit of action from your DH probably won't do much. However if you're at high risk of preterm labour then you might want to avoid it. Like I said above, I'm still BF my toddler, so there's been heaps of nipple stimulation and I'm over 38w now...

JoMarie
    Itís fine to express now. Also if you get enough freeze it

LuLu
    It is unlikely, but not impossible, that nipple stimulation will cause you to go into labour unless your body is ready to give birth. Give it a go if you start to get contractions then stop

thanks everyone - would hate to deprive DH of a bit of fun!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12