Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nursing Bra's??

Butterfly_Princess Guest

Default Nursing Bra's??

Okaaay..
    Me being so disoragnised, i dont have any
    I have been looking..but none seem to be my style..
    So my question is..where can i buy prettyful nursing bra's?? If thats possible? And not at a huge expensive price either..
    Thanks in advanced Sorry if i posted in wrong area..

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

I have been wearing them from 14 weeks!
    first 1 i bought was a brand called hot milk pretty and comfy but $60. Some smaller shops stock them and ABA.

triumph i have one of theres not very pretty but comfy same price as above and also have another one which is Fayreform pretty comfy but i was luckey to find this one at half price in myers as i would not have paid full price for it as it was orgiginally $90.

What size are you? as i have had issues as i am big at 16 f now but if smaller sized bras and things, target, big w and myers would be best bet!!

I was going to say Hot Milk because they are awesome, but they're a bit expensive at around $70-odd a go. I like Kayser Very Sexy & some of the Elle McPherson ones are nice too. Also Triumph has some nice ones, Rosebloom in particular I like

Butterfly_Princess Guest

EEP *hides* $60..whoa!! i was thinking *hoping* more around $30 mark..but okay, if thats what it takes lol

Phew, well atm im 12b..verging on c..so i guess ill find it easy to find some..

OOh i hate bra shopping lol

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

You shoulld find it easy then to find some!!

They may not all be nice and pretty for $30 but as long as comfy that a great start but hot milk ones as i said are pretty and comfy but more expensive.

Sexy Maternity Lingerie by HOTMILK

What sucks about maternity bras is that they are the more expensive side, so the best place to look for ones under $50 is Target & Best N Less, though they don't have the most beautiful ones there IYKWIM.

If your budget allows it I think it's great to splurge on some nice maternity bras like the hot milk ones - you can feel pretty tired and unsexy after your baby arrives so something that can make you feel a bit more feminine and sexy has its place.
    The zodee site has some great maternity bras bit they might be a bit over the budget you have in mind.
    When I was pregnant with Yasin I got some nice, girly ones at Target that were well priced.

Meg, the other ladies are right about the Hot Milk ones. They are awesome, but come with the price tag. I have one and a couple of plain cheaper boring Berlei ones but I plan on getting a couple more of the Hot Milk. I think they are worth the money, good support and they look good.

I see you're in Perth too - I got mine from the Bra Bar in Murray St in the city. This time I will go in to get fitted properly and then buy them from the Zodee website as they will be a little bit cheaper online.

OMG OMG OMG. Thanks Meg for asking this question. Just looked at the Zodee website and think I'm going to have to take out a second mortgage on the house!!! Never thought I would find a pretty maternity bra. I guess at least I can tell my DH he'll get some benefit out of it . . .

I have some cheapies from Target that I hate wearing. Managed to pick up a couple of Elle McPhereson (sp?) from Myer during a sale, around $30 each. Bonds has these fantastic comfortable Maternity/Nursing Singlets, they only go up to size D but you'd fit them fine. They're comfy and good quality and supportive.

Bonds maternity bras aren't too bad - At least you can get them in different colours!

But most of the time, a pretty maternity bra at a reasonable price doesn't exist!

Meg, I purchased a Hot Milk one recently, and was rather unhappy with it sadly when I tried it on, I could see that the seam line on the bra was showing through my shirt, told the sales lady and she checked them all and they were all like that. I think she might've had a bad bunch in the shop. I wasn't able to fit into any other bras so had to take it. When I got home (200k's from shop) I was really unhappy with it, it seemed to be too big for me and I could still see where the pretty material was joined.
    Took it back, and got a different sales lady who told me that I was 'bigger' than the bra they had given me! Told her I wasn't happy with it, and I ended up getting the only other bra in their shop that fitted me which was a berlei barely there I think. It's a pretty plain boring beige, but it will do. It only cost me $10 less ($50) than the hot milk one too, so not much price difference. I think once they slap 'maternity' on there, they put the price up.

Will be near some shops again next week, so plan on checking out the elle mcpherson ones if I can find some, and will check another shop for the hot milk ones and hopefully find something more to choose from.

Goodluck finding something. I'm another who hates bra shopping too!

Nic

Quote Originally Posted by nic View Post
    I think once they slap 'maternity' on there, they put the price up.
    IKWYM, it's as if those two little clips cost an extra $20

i went into bras n things today they had about 10 to choose from with 2 of them being lacey and nice one was pale pink with black lace but didnt check the price. I tried on a tshirt bra that was $30 but didnt fit and i after asking for help and waiting 15 minutes half naked and still not getting any i left.

Butterfly_Princess Guest

Thank you so much every one for your replies!
    I didnt end up going to have a look today, but i am going to tomorrow. I dont really NEED all the lacey kinda ones..but as long as they dont look..old granny like...iykwim. Im sure if i spent a bit more time looking ill find some hehe.
    And maybe some of the hot milk ones wont go astray PLUS i have a 50 dollar BNT voucher..they must sell some maternity bra's right??

Just wanted to pop in and say don't stock up on nursing bras until about two weeks after your baby is born and you are not engorged anymore. Then you can be properly fitted for a bra that will suit you until you wean your baby. Your size might change quite a bit!
    I found some good nursing/maternity bras at a wide range of prices at Breakout Bras - some pretty ones too! They have directions on how to measure yourself properly so you get the right size. It is a US company, so the sizing will be different from what you are used to, but if you follow their directions, you'll get something that will work for you.
    Last edited by {sarah}; April 5th, 2008 at 05:04 AM. Reason: removing commercial link

Hestia have a maternity sports style bra which is very good. It's comfy and looks like a regular sports bra. They are available at Big W for around $20. For any larger ladies out there reading this thread they go up to 20DD (I'm 18DD right now). I've been wearing them for a while now as regular bras would not fit round my bump as it's quite high and I've been very comfy in them.

Butterfly_Princess Guest

Heya!
    I went and bought the bonds singlet ones today!! They are soo cool! I like them and imight order some of the hot milk ones sometime this weekend.
    Thanks so much for all your help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast