Thread: Overdue And Very Sad

baby4 Guest

Default Overdue And Very Sad

HI EVERYONE I WAS DUE ON THE 28TH SEPT AND IM NOW 3 DAYS OVERDUE I HATE IT THERE IS NO ROOM LEFT AND I HAVE 3 OTHER KIDS TO LOOK AFTER LAST WEEK I WAS EXCITED AND READY NOW IM MISSERABLE CRANKY LOW ON ENERGY I HAVE NO PAINS LIKE IM NOT EVEN PREGNANT IS ANYONE ELSE OVERDUE THAT CAN HELP ME CALM DOWN AS THE THOUGHT OF WAITING 10 MORE DAYS TO BE INDUCED IS LIKE A NIGHTMARE

Hi There. It is never easy in the last days of pg, knowing that you are ready to meet your baby and they just don't want to budge. HERE is an article on natural induction methods that may help you kick start things along and beat a medical induction

Hello, I felt like this right before I went into labour. In fact I threw a tanty, mopped the floor and my water broke, lol.

I know you're probably sick of hearing it but its not long now. Just try and rest up as much as you can. I know its hard with other kids, though.

Good luck.

Kirsty77 Guest

I was overdue with Gemma and was in tears at least 3 times a day at the end! I was so convinced I'd go early then when my edd came and went I got more and more depressed thinking she just was never going to arrive. But there will be an end!

I can imagine it would be frustrating... try and hang in there as much you can and perhaps be sure to do all the 'home' remedies... many of my friends swear by the trick!

Have also heard of a few friends that have had success with the following:
    - walking on the beach in the soft sand (apparently helps your pelvis get things moving)
    - raspberry tea...

having not given birth myself I am only going by what others have told me... I hope one of them does the trick for you.

I know how you feel with the overdue thing, but I have to say having 3 kids around the place could just make things even worse!!
    I hope things start for you really soon, its enough to drive anyone mad - I swear!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsty77 View Post
    I was overdue with Gemma and was in tears at least 3 times a day at the end! I was so convinced I'd go early then when my edd came and went I got more and more depressed thinking she just was never going to arrive. But there will be an end!
    This was exactly how I was, in the end I was induced at 41 weeks.

My thoughts are with you, I know how you feel, I hope you go into natural labour without having induction. However, dont worry too much regarding induction, the Gel alone may work without having a drip induction and this procedure only takes a second to be done. Just keep thinking you are going to meet your baby really soon and be able to hold him/her.

Bel
    xxx

skorpy Guest

I felt like that in my first pregnancy when I was only 2 days overdue,in the morning I was feeling really low but then by evening I started getting niggles and he was born the next morning on Day 3.Hang in there it could happen at any time,do lots of cleaning and rushing around.

Oh Kelly I so understand!! I was o/d with all of mine and those days after your due date comes and goes drive you batty, cranky and just generally up the wall. I take it from your post that you've already had the induction chat with your carer - I found that doing that made me feel a bit better.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

It can be very trying at the end of pregnancy and sometimes all we can think about is getting baby out! Many of the women I have supported of late have had great success with induction acupuncture, something you might like to try. Have you got any friends or family who can help out? A spontaneous labour is going to be more pleasant than an induced one, sometimes it just might need a nudge with something but other times not. Read the article in my signature and hopefully you can get the help you need - even if you have to hire some. All the best - I know its not fun but try and relax as best you can and take even five minutes to meditate or something - if you are anxious or stressed this isn't conducive to the flow of the labour hormone, oxytocin.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

I know how you feel. I have been o/d with both my children and currently pg with my third. I had a spontanious labour with DD and induced with DS and the spontanious was far better, the contractions were alot easier to handle and less painful. I hope you go into labour soon, but try and do some type of cleaning, go for a drive on a bumpy road, have a warm bath, BD, raspberry leaf tea, or just walk. The walk on the beach sounds good.And i dont mean to do them all at once (you dont have to do any just suggesting) Wishing you a speedy delivery,
    Jenni

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I think something you just said there is important too. We all know that term is classed up to 42 weeks, and I see many examples all the time of women who consistenly birth at 42 weeks or around the same time. Obviously this isnt always the case and other factors can come in, but I think those babies stay in there for a reason, usually the reason of not being ready - one mother told me she did EVERYTHING you can think of for natural induction, but nothing worked and all three/four babies were born in the 42nd-43rd week, of course both mum and baby were healthy. We all have different length cycles etc and I think thats why its so unfair to use a generic calculating system or mathematics to give a 'due date' because they can be so innaccurate, and mums just get so anxious when the date comes and no baby, when only 3% of babies happen to magically appear on their due date. There's a greater chance - 20% - that your baby will come in the two weeks after yor due date.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

mum5boys Guest

I know exactly how you feel, I was over due with all mine.I had 3 inductions and the last 2 came on their own.
    It gets very frustrating,depressing and annoying and you just feel fed up, especially when well meaning people say" are you still here, haven't you had the baby yet" or some other stupid comment.
    Iwas told by a few people to try these 3 things, hot bath, hot sex and hot curry in no particular order,don't know whether it works but you could have fun trying if you were up to it.lol
    Maybe you could just go for a walk instead,whatever you do, all the best for your labour and delivery, I'm sure it won't be too far away and you will be holding your precious baby in your arms.
    Take care
    Michelle

baby4 Guest

Thumbs up

thanks everyone ifeel a little better
    Michelle everything you wrote is nearly the same as me how is everyone with the
    are you still here havent you gone yet all i want to say back is no im not still here im gone i no that they mean well but did you find the same people say the same thing everyday Michelle i cant believe you are going to have 6 children i think when i need advise i will be coming to you thanks

mum5boys Guest

I am glad you feel a little better and yes it usually was the same people saying the same thing. You are more than welcome to come to me for advice or just a chat when you need it and there are a lot of other women here on BB to go to as well.
    Some women have more than 6 children, check outthe larger families forum.
    Take Care
    Michelle

Hi there. I know how you feel. I felt the same with Jesse and he was only a day and a few hours overdue. The days leading up to his due date i was really excited and then it got closer and passed and i was left thinking is he ever gonna come, am i really pregnant or just fat, obviously i was pregnant but those thoughts just went through my mind. Only advice i can give is to try and keep yourself occupied so you wont think about it as much, if thats possible..

NewmumLou Guest

Hi,
    I know exactly how you feel, i was a week overdue with Joshua and i felt terrible! I was uncomfortable and so sore under my ribs. I was induced after a week, i begged my gyno to be induced then rather than 2 weeks after as i was so uncomfortable. Everyone told me to rest and put my feet up (they meant well) but all i could think about was getting this baby out.... i cleaned cleaned and cleaned hoping that something will trigger the little bub to move on!
    Its only natural to feel how you are feeling. Take care and all the best! in no time your little angel will arrive.... he or she is just waiting to make a big entrance!