Thread: Overdue Woes- anyone else?

sjc Guest

Default Overdue Woes- anyone else?

Hey, I am currently 9 days overdue, and basically pretty jack of the whole thing! I was wondering if there's anyone else out there feeling similar?

The baby is VERY engaged (has been for weeks), but two attempts at a sweep by the MW have been unsuccessful, as apparently my cervix is too far back. I'm booked for an induction this Friday if I don't go into labour naturally before then. Blah.

I am just really grumpy most of the time now! Feel like I spend all my time at the hosp getting fetal monitoring (all good, thank God), and answering (well-meaning but increasingly annoying) friends' questions of 'Has anything happenend??' and 'You mean you haven't had the baby YET?!'

I've tried all the home induction things, but baby remains resolutely where he is. Argh! Just need to have a good old whinge.

Anyone else out there in a similar position that wants to have a whine-fest, too?

I'm not overdue but I'm over it! hehe. You're doing amazing for being 9 days over! I know you probably don't want to be induced but at least you know you can be holding your bubba in your arms in 4 more days!!!! Thats great their letting you go pretty much 2 weeks over. I really hope that you go naturally before then - sending you lots of labour vibes!!!

ah I know the feeling well. Jovie was 11 days past the EDD and Matilda was 17 days post EDD. The thing to remind yourself all the time is that the EDD is in between the actual term. Term is 38-42 weeks so you are still well & truely NORMAL!!!

Things that helped most with Jovie were acupuncture & massage. There are points which both do which can encourage your body & your cervix to ripen.

Its so frustrating waiting *hugs*

Oh sjc my heart goes out to you. I went 5 days over with my DD and that was bad enough. I was grumpy all the time...and those calls....aaaagggghhhh it's enough to drive you to kill!! lol!! You are doing great and hopefully your little one will come before Friday,but if not at least you know there is light at the end of the very long tunnel.

I went overdue with my DD... i feel your frustration! big hugs! hope you go into labour soon!

SJC, check out this thread for "post dates chatter"

Hope it's not too much longer.......

paradise lost Guest

Hey, :hugs:

I went 11 days over with DD. It's rubbish, i'm so sorry. But like the others have said, in 4 days time your bubs will be here!

I had to have daycare monitoring from 39wks as my BP was up, and i used to ask for the midwife with the biggest hands to be brought off ward to do my sweeps so she could reach my far-back cervix - got my 3rd sweep on Friday morning, gave birth saturday evening

The other thing to think of is that when i was booked for induction (would have been the following Tuesday) i said i wouldn't have the IV and my ob sighed long and loud at me and said "ok, we'll start with ARM and see how you go" so you might only need a little teeny nudge by Friday if you're still PG at all....

Hugs

Hana

sjc Guest

Thanks for all your support, everyone, and especially the labour vibes! I could really use them at the moment. LOL, I've got everyone I know of every faith and spiritual tradition doing stuff for me, too (the more positive vibes, energy and prayers out there, the better, I say!). A good female friend of mine is who is a VERY practicing buddhist is going to say special buddhist prayers for me, and last night, a group of very dear Muslim female friends of mine got together and recited a special chapter of the Koran in unison just for me to go into labour. How nice is that?! If nothing else, all this lovely female energy should help.

Thanks for the nod in the direction of the other forum thread (will def check it out), and also the suggestion of the midwife with big hands (that had me laughing!). I think when I go in (to the FBC (AGAIN) tomorrow for more monitoring, I'll request a midwife with simply enormous hands. Either that, or I'll suggest they get a spatula in there or something to help reach I was induced last time and I really, REALLY want to avoid it this time. Syntocinon sucks!

Isabeau Guest

I'm only 6 days overdue and I really just want to be in pain lol
    bring on labour so I can cuddle bubs
    They shouldn't tell you your actual due date it should be a week or so after I'm so impatient and once I've been told one thing that's it! I know you get 2 weeks past the date but they told me this date so I got my heart set on it and no baby lol

Isabeau
    I so know what you mean!! My due dates tomorrow but I've got no sign of anything happening really...
    The one thing with me is that my dr says she'll induce at 10 days past my date so I know I should have bubba in my arms by the 30th April/1st May!! Thats my new due date in my mind so I'm not stressing iykwim??? Even though I'm hoping I'll go naturally before then...
    Good Luck!

Isabeau Guest

at least you know what's going to happen
    all I know is at 11 days over I will just be getting ctg monitoring and an u/s