Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Post-Dates General Chatter Thread

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Default Post-Dates General Chatter Thread

This thread is a general chatter thread for those who have exceeded their their 'due date' during pregnancy.

Remember that it's considered full term from 38-42 weeks of pregnancy, and even first trimester ultrasounds can be 5 days out either side. Patience is such a virtue, who wants a baby born too early who has more chance of infection or has trouble breathing? Who wants to be induced and what comes with that? You might like to read the induction article HERE before making the decision to accept an induction.

Of course, baby will come when they are good and ready - ultrasound is never accurate, so hopefully with a bit of good BellyBelly support, you'll be able to cope a little bit better

If you are in early labour or trying to get things going, remember these things:

* Rest at night if possible, use the day to get things moving
    * Walk - especially walking through contractions - it's the best thing you can do!
    * Stairs - climbing stairs is a great way to get things going and to help get that baby down
    * Lunges if you have a posterior baby - one leg on a step or chair and do lunges - as well as stair climbing is good for helping a posterior baby turn
    * Keep away from baths - it counteracts gravity. Jump in the shower instead and if you need to sit down on a chair in a shower that's okay
    * Keep upright where possible - make use of gravity. When the uterus contracts, it contracts forwards, so lean into them, bend the knees and have your knees apart. Don't lean forward so much that gravity wont help - about a 45 degree angle is good.
    * Don't exhaust yourself through physical activity - you'll need the energy later!
    * Keep yourself busy - find yourself a project to do to distract yourself to help with the anticipation. Sort your recipes in an album, store photos, do scrapbooking - anything to keep your mind off going into labour or it can drive you mad!

If you are trying to beat a medical induction you might like to read the Natural Induction Methods.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

I am 3 days overdue and I dont want to wait anymore!!

If I dont go beforeIam booked into be induced on the 20th..

LV LV to all!!!

Thanks so much Fletch!!! LV LV to me!!! \/ \/ \/

You know I AM OVER IT BIG TIME, but I really think i will still be around on the weekend. Going to have some tests done tomorrow just to check that everything is ok with bubs.

Spoke to one of my girlfriends last night who gave birth at 35 weeks and she said the same, i cant imagine how you are feeling? OVER IT!!

It time for me to hold my baby not to be still waiting!!!!

Well Shannon you are right it has to happen sooner or later!!

As long as bubs is ok then that’s the main thing it just the waiting the game that is the killer!
    To look at me I don’t look like I due I am still carrying bubs quite high up so when people ask “When are you due” and I tell I am overdue they continue to tell me I am quite small so yea whatever!!

Jokes are cool by me and Shannon I understand what you are saying!!

So thanks so much

XXXXXXXXXXXx

Thanks so much Fletch. I will let you know when i get home!!

Well I went and had my tests done this morning and I have to tell you my baby is too lazy. I had the monitor on for 55 minutes, bubs decided that it was time for a nap, so they gave me water to try and wake him up(It worked) but come on its really time to meet Daddy and Mummy now!!
    The blood flow in the cord is perfect and also the fluid around bubs is fine, still heaps around him/her.

So now, we just sit and wait… I don’t think it will be happening before being induced. But it’s really not up to me!!!

That is a very big HOPEFULLY!!!!!

A 5 hour labour, you are blessed!! My mum had short and sweet labours so I am hoping i will follow her.

THANKS SO MUCH FLETCH 8-)

Oh Fletch, For a girl we have picked the name Hannah ,just not sure of the middle name which is a toss up between Rose, Joy or Taylor(not sure on the spelling of that one)

BUT OH FOR A BOY< still really unsure I really have liked Mitchell for ages just not sure, hubby has come up with heaps of ideas but nothing has really grapped me. So i think what i am saying is i think it will bw Mitchell but I am really not sure. The names that I really like are names we cant have, been taken by others or are to the same of family members.

Sorry i think i just wrote an essay!!

kerry Guest

*labour Vibes* for rach....

Tell that bub to get its little butt out!

Kerry ,I have!!! But its not helping!!!! What can i do!! Just bloody wait and its killing me!!!

I love the name Mitch.

I agree with you regarding Hannah Rose but its a family thing so i am going to wait and see what happens. To be truthfull it will be out of Rose or Joy.

Hubby has come up with some really good boys names but they just dont really do it for me. We will just see what happens. I love the name Zane and i have mentioned it to hubby a few times but i cant do it, my brothers name is KANE>>

WOW an overdue thread! I wish there was one when i was overdue with Lily! I went 1 week over. Induced due to pre eclampsia and i also had a blissful 5 hour labor. The birth part was hell though lol

Goodluck Rach! Do you have an induction date set?

This may be Omen girls you both had five hour labours and i am pretty sure mum had a five hour labour with me!!!

Thanks Tegan, yea i do Tuesday 21st. Go into hospital at 7.00 and be induced at 7.45pm.

Yea i think deep down it will be Mitch but who knows!!

Are you a school teacher?

Hopfully you do have a 5hour labor. My mum went 3 weeks over with me(yes 3 weeks lol) and was induced but only every got to 2cms so had to have an emergency c/section and i am an only child. Hopfully my next one will be like 3 hours!

OH fletch i was just looking at your webpage!!! Its just beautiful!!

Zane is a spunk and i just want to be hold my baby...

Tegan i just had a look at your webpage as well and Lily is just beautiful, it s funny but Lily is one girls name that i love but i just couldnt go there with our surname...

OH Miss Fletcher very cute!!! Zane fletcher sounds like they were made for each other. They always say that teachers have a really really tough time trying to pick names!!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast