Thread: Please Help- Bubs very inactive

Default Please Help- Bubs very inactive

Ok so usally when i wake up in the morning its becasue i get a few good strong kicks from bubs. However, not this morning. I ahve tried glasses of cordial, chocolate, cake etc.. to get bubs moving. When i do this she will give a few very dainty little kicks then nothing again.
    Am i being paranoid, or should i be worried??? Bubs is usally a VERY VERY active baby, so today is very uncommon!!!

How are you feeling? Have you got a cold or anything? I've noticed in the last week my little ballerina hasn't been dancing quite so much whiel I've been sick. My Dr said that she would be feeling the virus as well so would be resting just as I should be. Now that I'm feeling better, she's up to her old acrobatic tricks

I had the same thing happen to me with my first baby when I was as far along as you are but I didn't feel any movements, and after much worry, panic, and a two hour drive to the nearest medical imaging centre for a scan, we found out that he was just in a real deep sleep and was just fine. It is really worrying though, so if you still can't get bubs to move more than what she is by trying either a shower, ice cold drink or even something really cold on your belly, then call your caregiver or hospital and see what they recommend you do.

I have an active one, too. Sometimes she's just sleepy or something all day. The way I figure is if she's moving around, she's fine. Did you try some poking? I do that sometimes, and get little pokes back. You can press their bodies through your tummy and its really unlikely that you'll be able to do any damage. Another one is to hold a cold drink against your tummy, that sends my Rabbit scrambling away for the other side of the womb.

But when in doubt, call in.

I had the same problem with my little one at about 35 weeks. Tried everything, even pushing my sugar up really high (I had Gestational Diabetes). Eventually went and saw my Ob, who sent me for a CGT and found that my little guy had shifted position. My Ob also said that they can be really active one day and then have sort of a rest day the next as they catch up!
    But like the others said, if you're concerned, go to the hospital. Will give you peace of mind and you might actually sleep tonight!

Thanks everyone. I will try the hot/cold option next. Then if all else fails i will be ringing the hospital. I just didn't want to ring and them thinking i was an idiot!!!

Hi Rach,

I just wanted to post here and say don't ever be afraid of seeming silly. Try some cold water or cordial and then I think its 10kicks in 15mins if you don't get that then call and ask for a ctg. I don't mean this to scare you but a lady has just posted her birth story about how she had he same situation so she called the hospital and he baby was in distress she was later told if she didn't come in her baby would have mostlikely died within 24hrs.

I don't mean this to scare you I just was blown away by the post and I suppose it just reminds us to trust ourselves and not to be afraid and let hospitals make us feel stupid for following out intuition!

a few weeks ago mine hardly moved for 2 days after normally being active, so i went to the hospital and they put some kind of doppler on my tummy which made a trace of his heart beat (all normal) and also you could hear little swishes when he moved (movements i could not feel at all!)so i was reassured that everything is ok. since then movements have not been as vigorous as they used to be (not as much room?) and he has some very quiet days but i dont worry as much now that i know its normal . im 32 weeks now.

I'm currently going through this. Over Easter, my bub didn't move for 4 days (well at least I couldn't feel the movements). I had it all checked out at the hospital, and all is well. But I have to monitor her movements from now on as she went from being extremely active to nothing. They told me to try and get/feel 10 movements per 24 hours. Anything less, to let them know. Maybe keep an eye on how many movements you are getting, so you get a better idea.

another trick is to bare your belly to the bright sunlight, and the baby will turn away from the brightness (that is, if he's facing that way heh) seriously though, i know bad things happen ... but let them conserve energy and have a big sleep when needed!

Thanks everyone. Well ending up ringing the hospital. They told me to come in, which i did, and found bubbys heart. They could pick up the kicks put for some reason i just couldn't feel them yesterday. I did feel like a goose, but the midwives were very understanding and very nice. At least i know bubs is well and safe.

Rach don't feel like a goose, you are far better off to go to the hospital & find out bub is fine then to stay home & have something gone wrong.

Most DEFINITELY better to be safe than sorry. I am sure they get many women coming in for that same reason. Its great all is well, nice to be able to relax (is that possible) again!!!!!!! xoxo

Hi Rach,

I'm glad to hear you got it checked out and all is ok.

I hope you don't feel like a goose anymore. There are many reasons your bub may not have been moving and some of them can be serious so it is definitely worth being checked out!