Thread: Please Help..Is this a sign??

suzyaaron Guest

Default Please Help..Is this a sign??

Hi all,

I will be 37 weeks another 2 days. Lately, I felt like my baby keep pushing me 'there" and seems like he moved a lot too. Then, I felt painful at my abdomen and was like it's hard to urine. Others such as backpain, hard to sleep more often, painful at the side of my hips were appeared commonly during at night time now. Both of my hands often numbed. Guys, are these signs of something? I was so afraid..I didnt go and see my gynae yet as I will meet him soon. But do u think these are dangerous or is this normal in pregnancy?? I just don't know what to do..

Hi,
    Your body is going through many changes in preparation for birth. Its not uncommon to feel pain and discomfort during the night. Your baby is probably decending lower in preparation to engage for birth.

When you say that its hard to urine. What do you mean?
    If is stinging or you are unable to pass a build up of urine - you should consult your doctor.
    However, If there is just pressure on that region, it may just be that your pelvic floor is being crammed creating presure. It should not prevent you from going to the toilet though.

As for your hands being numb. I'm not sure. Could it be fluid retention which is quite common. Or it might just be bad circulation due to an overworked pregnant body? If you have feeling loss in your hands you should consult your doctor.

All the best for you and the baby.

i'd go and checked out just to give your self peace of mind

suzyaaron Guest

hehe..thanks shazz, hhmm..i don't know..i just worried..well, seventh heaven, the urine things means actually i felt like a sharp pain at my lower belly but it lasts for about 5-10 seconds and i just faced it this morning..but when i went to the bathroom, i felt no pain during urine..all as usual..I dont know what is it actually..

Certain of my friends said that these maybe a fake contractions. Anyway, i didnt noticed any real contractions/pain yet like bleeding, painful continuosly, no dilated so far and of course no water breaking..and i felt that my belly harden..

But, the worst i think is how much it hurts to lay down for sleep, backsides, belly, legs..they all hurt...all uncomfortable. My baby now keep pushed and pressing in my lower belly area and I felt like i want to urine frequently. Is it fine if the baby moves too actively?? ouch.. I can even see his elbow and legs here and there..

Oh ok. All those things sound very normal. I remember being so 'over it' from around 36weeks. That last month is exhausting.

Sometimes I wonder if we go through 9 months of discomfort just so that we look forward to going into labour. lol

All the best with the last few weeks - it won't be too much longer and you'll have a gorgeous little baby to love.

Hi Suzy

The numbness in your hands is a complaint called carpel tunnel syndrome. It is quite common in late pregnancy and usually disappears after the birth. It is caused by the tissues of your wrist swelling and pressing on the nerves.
    All your other symptoms sound normal to me

octavian Guest

Hi Suzy, I've had the same prob with carpal tunnel hands as you since about 35 weeks - due in a week - it is usually worse in mornings with me and gets better during the day.. try massaging your wrists outwards and also the fleshy part at base of your hands, that's what my preg book recommended.. some days it works and others not..

Also, the hip thing sounds a bit like sciatica from pressure on yr sciatic nerve.. I find walking a bit each day really helps this - if I don't go I notice it's much worse during the night and hard to sleep..

Do mention all these things at yr next health visit though, if only to reassure yourself that all is well..
    Catherine..

You poor thing!

Any symptoms should be shared with a professional because not allways is two symptoms alike the actual same. It's just being on the safe side. Anyone in a professional field would always advice speaking with someone like your gp or a gyno, just for peace of mind and saftey for mother and baby.

I would "Guess" too that it's all very nomral, but pregnancy can be so surprising its best to get everyhting checked out, that is what all those doc's are for!

Hope you are feeling better!

suzyaaron Guest

Thanks all for your thoughts and opinions..I appreciated it all. Well, I called my doctor just now and told him either I shold or should not meet him immediately. He said the numbness I felt now is called water retention. Like I am about to give birth. But he asked me to go to the nearest clinic first and checked my blood pressure. If it is high, then I should see him immediately as his clinic quite far away from my place. What will happened if my blood pressure is high guys?? Any idea?

It would depend on how high it is and if there any other symptoms.
    If your BP is not too high they may not do anything apart from keep an eye on you. If it is a little too high they could start you on mediations. If there are other symptoms the this could be a sign of PE, an it would depend on a number of things as to what they will do

suzyaaron Guest

Thanks Alan. I hope everything will b fine. Tonite I will check up my BP to see how. next week I will meet my gynae for my next check up.

Just to share some story here. Yesterday, my sister in law had a c-sec and that time she was 35 weeks pregnant. Actually the day b4 she went for her check up and the doctor found that she already dialated to 2cm but she said she didnt feel any pain! Later she admitted and she dialated to 6cm but she cant pushed..and just feel the pain. So the doctor at the hospital proceed for a c-sec. The doctor said she can't deliver normally cause she didnt achieve 37 weeks yet (that what the doctor said). After the c-sec, the baby was bring to incubator for a week due to the baby's lung not well functioned..Her baby weights about 2.6kg or 5.7 lbs..