Thread: Poking baby

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

Default Poking baby

I poke my baby to get it to move and feel what position it's in. Sometimes I feel it quickly move away when I do that. Am I hurting it?

LOL after all the poking the midwives give you when at there appiontment I think a little poke from mum to say Hey buddy that my rib cage your trying to break will be just fine... you have to remember they is alot of skin fat and water between you and baby I would say its just fine...

I dont think babies like to be poked! LOL. Try just giving bub bit of a loving rub & talking to him/her I always get a response when I do that. My Ob also suggests having a sweet drink then sitting back & waiting for movement. I've also heard a cold drink may do the same thing

No you will not hurt your baby.As others have said a cold sweet drink will often make your baby move.

My bub sometimes moves away and other times he pokes me back. I'm sure it doesn't hurt them.

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

Cool. Thanks. I'm glad that I'm not hurting it. I like to poke a bit and play with it sometimes.

we played poking games, DS would make a mound and I'd push it back in.

DH and DS still poke each other as a game.

my mother and MIL were always horrified about how i'd poke my belly when I was pregnant lol! Don't worry, you won't hurt baby, he/she is well protected.

My DH is always horrified if I press too much but I tell him "you should see what the GP does!"
    I usually just give the bump a bit of a rub and pat and say hello if it is pushing up a lot and it does seem to work. It works if I want to stir him/her up or if I want to calm him/her down. I think they quite like it.
    I used to play the poking game when I knew it was a foot but these days all I see is a bottom poking up!
    When the GP squeezes the head a lot to feel where it is, the baby HATES it and goes bonkers for a while so I think that bit might hurt.

I rubbed my tummy so much because she moved so much particularly in the last trimester that all my maternity tops have got rubbed bally sections on them! I could never lend them anyone or wear them again because they look so funny!! I used to follow her feet around me belly and I swear sometimes it was like I tickled her foot and she would move it away really quickly! So cute! Aawww I miss my tummy - enjoy!!

Oh Tanstar, I am already thinking about how much I will miss my tummy and all its movements...
    I am the same with the rubbing. Sometimes the skin there feels a bit sore as I rub it so much in that spot too.

yer my bub sticks his bum out and i pat it, he loves it! kicks me when i stop LOL. and when he sticks his foot out i kinda rub it. i think im going to miss my belly too! well my baby belly, im sure i will still have a FAT belly afterwards hahah