Thread: "pop"?????????

Default "pop"?????????

OK.. this is gonna sound really really weird.. but it was VERY weird to hear.
    I am nearly 36 weeks pregnant.. and as I was reading through the BB site yes very addicted.. i heard and felt a "POP" in my lower abdomen almost pubic bone area.. Kinda weird feeling.. kinda has me worried. Not enough to call the hospital or anything.. not the kind to make a fuss early on.. but thought to ask here. Could be totally NOTHING afterall.. it just sounded and felt so weird. I can feel bubba moving as im typing.. so all is good I hope.

Anyway.. thanks for letting me vent.

Have you had any fluid leak?

Hi,
    No .. can't say I have. Been to the toilet though.. Nothing to note there.

Yeah, first thing I thought of was membranes rupturing...
    Or was it more like a joint thing? My hips were very loose during pregnancy (I'm still having a few issues with them) and sometimes they'd make a clicking noise if I moved a weird way...?

Good point Snacks. Could it be like when your hips click? I just couldnt get my little brain past the membrane rupture.
    Could it be digestive??? I'm sure you would know the difference but sometimes my body does weird gassy things since it is so squashy in there.
    Sometimes the membrane ruptures up quite high so that you dont get a rush of fluid but a slow leak over several days/weeks. It apparently keeps everything sterile if it happens up really high because no air can get in up there.

Those where the exact same two things I thought of myself.. Membranes rupturing.. or bones/joints moving.

There are just a few things going on with my body .. that had me stop and think.. UMMM... like more bowel movements than usual.. IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!! SO im a little sensitive to anything at the moment.. just in case.

Thanks ladies for talking it through with me. Its a major relieve to do so.

Hey, I know what you mean Tascha, I started a thread this arvo for similar reasons. Not sure about a few "things" happening in my body at present. It is a pity there isnt a straightforward step by step procedure for this whole having a baby thing so we didnt have to wonder about every thing all the time.

OMG.. you are SO right Sazz. Everything just seems to keep you guessing. Just when you thought you knew what was what..ect, something new comes along and changes the WHOLE thing. I read your thread just then. Great though to be able to discuss it like this. How are you doing now?

Went for a walk earlier and although absolutely knackered afterwards the pains seem to have eased a bit. Thanks for asking!

Glad to hear it!! Hope it all slows down for you overnight. Hope you at least sleep well after a nice walk.. would do the same here if it wasn't SOOOO HOT!!! A/C is my lifesaver!!

Totally understand your being 'sensitive' atm... I remember all through my last weeks of pregnancy I was constantly emailing my SIL who's a midwife and asking, 'is this normal?' LOL!
    All the best to both of you. What an exciting time! Take care.

Tascha i know what you mean about the POP.....i had a huge one with my second child and with it came what felt litre litres of fluid and it didn't stop until i had bubs (only 1 hour and 44 minutes later)

Hello agian Ladies, Well so far nothing changed after the "pop" last night. Thankfully I must say. I am WAY more sensitive now. Taking note of EVERYTHING. Its gonna drive me mad if I don't get a grip! Today was a SLUG day.. DH keeps telling me i've dropped, might explain the "waddle" increase. Craving sweets like no tomorrow at the moment. Icecream with Ice Magic here I come. CIAO

I only had a little pop and then the dam broke!! I'm secretly waiting for that again!

Hmm I had trouble sleeping last night (hot flushes) so went and layed on the lounge at 2am and watched trashy tv. Anyhow while lying there I heard a distinct pop sound too and immediately thought of this thread. I didnt have any leaking though and I think it was something to do with the space that opens up in the pubic area of the pelvis in late preg. I have been having terrible pain there when I get up from lying down and think it is a condition called SPD (not sure what the initials are for though). Just wondered if maybe that is what the original POP was that Tascha had?

WOW.. that does sound very familiar. I have been HUGELY uncomfortable since that "pop" more so than before. Now my pubic/pelvis area is generally sore all day. But unmissable when I get up from lying down. Sazz.. thanks for letting me know. Just glad it wasn't my imagination after all. (DH gave me a really weird look when I told him!!!)