Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Post-Dates General Chatter Thread

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Rach, if you are still here, hopefully things will happen themselves - get walking, go up stairs - both of these things get the pelvis moving in different directions, stairs up and down and walking sideways. Don't forget to try all the natural induction methods, one of the women who I supported last week had her waters break at the accupuncture clinic after a treatment! Try and get in for that if you can. An induction is not fun, so hopefully something will help here. Have you read the natural induction article? But most importantly, get walking and climbing stairs, not so much that it exhausts yourself though - you'll need the energy for later! Keep as upright as you can, avoid baths but try showers and stomp, knees apart 45 degree angle leaning forward and go!!!

Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

HI Fletch!! No I am still around today!!!

Thanks Kelly, yep i have read that article on natural induction. I really dont want to be indudced but it looks like the case. I have walked nearly every night of my pregnancy. I have been on 2 45min walks already today. With the accupuncture, i am waiting for a call from our local clinic to see if anyone has not shown up for their appt.
    We have 100 steps at one our local parks and hubby and i went up and down them last night, but i have to say, i have quite a bit of pressure on my tail bone right now!!

I hope you go before your induction date..... Being induced aint the best way to go, but its better than nothing I spose. I was induced at term+11days.
    I was walking everynight, especially when I was haiving contractions at night, and all it did was made me need to go wee!!!!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

It's really best to rest during the night and work at getting things going during the day - if you exhaust yourself too much, you'll be exhausted when you really need the energy and if you are hoping for a natural birth, you will probably find pain relief more enticing when you can't keep going from being so exhausted from all this walking / stair climbing / etc! But sounds like you are doing a GREAT job Rach, lets hope those stairs paid off hey!!!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

OOhhhh I just realised I can now use the overdue thread!!

hmmm 5 days over and hoping that it won't be more than 6... though getting to 41 weeks does have an allure

have had a show today and had regular cramping for over 12 hours.... only really had a few that were even close to hurty though.

I'm hoping that all this pre-labour will be working magic on the cervix and that the actual labour will be short and sweet!

have a genetic history of short labours. Mum's longest was me (i was first) and it was only a few hours.

both grandmothers also had short labours.

anyway - having some spicy indian for dinner...hoping that helps the process.

hmmm I should recruit a few more of the other Jan overdues in here.

xxx
    L

Akeesha Guest

Hey Laura..good to see you

I am the first January BB recruit lol.

I am now 6 days over and getting a little anxious.

I am attempting VBAC and really need to avoid induction for the process to have a greater chance of success. I am also dealing with ppl around me who are adamant a vbac cant be done and I WILL end up with a c/s. Great huh!!

I know 6 days isnt too bad or anything to worry too much about but I found out today my cervix is still high and back a bit and when I had a stretch and sweep today it was not very successful. He could barely get in there. Said he stretched a bit but that was all he could do. Hope it was enough to get things slightly moving anyway. Will probably need to have another one done on Wednesday at my next middy appt.

My BB Laura will be MIA tomorrow me thinks! Seriously Laura I think you will be in full labour by tomorrow. If not I will be shocked!

I hope I wont be too far behind you!

I have been bouncing gently on a fit ball and also rocking side to side and doing circular pelvic motions...to help things come down a bit and to help open things.

Goodness knows I have tried everything else and nothing has worked.

Oh well..anyone else want to join us here?????

heljam Guest

My due date is today (16th Jan) \/ but no signs as yet! And today I noticed that I have some stretch marks on my stomach Oh well I suppose a small price to pay for having a special new person in our lives. I am hoping that I'm not going to be too overdue as I am so bored waiting for the little one to arrive. It is our first and I finished up work a month ago. My Obstetrician suggested plenty of HOT SEX, HOT BATHS & HOT CURRIES. I've tried the latter two!!

kerry Guest

Go the sex route Heljam.... it could be fun.

HUGE HUGE HUGE LV's for my BB's Lisa and Laura.... get those babies out into the world I know its fashionable to be late but really someone needs to tell you lot that enough is enough!

LV's LV's LV's LV's LV's LV's LV's

Akeesha Guest

I spose I should have seen this coming really hey. I am always late so why would my kids be any different.

Thanks for the LV Jo...and plenty to you as of the 19th!!!

Remember..we have to try and room near each other ok!!

bruky Guest

Well I can join this one now...but where is everyone else...lol

kirsty Guest

Bruky here is some ~Labour Vibes~ your way so that hopefully your little one will come out & meet you soon.

I'll be joining you at the end of the week Bruky, unless of course you have gone by then! Lets hope so!

bruky Guest

Thanks guys O

I was due last friday Kate

Hope you go beforehand too apple...overdue sux...lol

thanks so much Kirsty ((hugs))

IM HERE BRUKY! Ok, so im due today... not technically "overdue".. but im here!

I have an obs appointment in the morning (13th), so i will post how that went here, and in the Feb thread. Last Thursday (9th Feb), i had an appointment. CTG showed everything to be fine, Ultrasound (my last one ) also showed everything to be fine (placenta ok, baby ok, fluid ok....). Which is great news. But with the internal nothing had changed from 2 weeks ago apparently.

On the weekend Dh and i DTD, went for a looooooooong walk and ive been trying to keep myself very busy (today i even cleaned the windows!! shock horror! :shock: )

How are you going Bruky? Im sure Sorka was due on the 12th, i hope she joins us (if not already with baby of course!!).

kirsty Guest

I've never made it to overdue but can imagine how impatient you guys must be getting to meet your little ones.

Here are some ~labour vibes~ for you both to share.

Bruky are you still around or has your little one had a change of plans over the weekend??

bruky Guest

lol...nah i am still here kirsty :smt016

Thanks for joining me Katie...this is our week...actually tomorrow is going to be our day but then again i keep thinking I have no signs whatsoever that I might go tomorrow...nada zip zilch

great news. Just got back from my appointment. I had a CTG, no contractions (although, i am getting some at home.... and sometimes they hurt)... baby heartbeat nice and steady. During my internal Doc says "no, nothing... oh! hang on (*smiles), cervix open a little bit, 1cm!" She said that it is short, and then she checked my, um, waters... No idea how that works.. but she used this silver long thing and a microscope (i think, i didnt want to look, was too afraid it would hurt), and said that my waters are clear. So thats great. Said the only thing missing is the contractions!!

Kinda scary. Obs told me to take this oil stuff (dunno what exactly, she told Dh), and a nice warn bath (but only when Dh is there), and it should get things moving. Soooo.... Im guessing the Bd'ing and long walk helped!

Well, i think thats pretty impressive... especially since its my Due date! Still hoping for a Valentines baby.

OK, i just translated what that "oil stuff" was... and found out that the doctor meant Castor Oil. hmmm, i dont know whether to try it, or just wait and see what happens! Ive read conflicting opinions... oh now im confused. Doc says i should be fine... And she has kept a very close eye on me these past 9 (or 10) months.

Apparently Germans are all about the Oil. MIL told me that she used it with Dh 2 weeks before her EDD (21 years ago)... and had an awful time with the runs... however apparently it worked with her.

Oh i dont know. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast