Thread: pregnancy photos

sparklesoul Guest

Default pregnancy photos

Hello,
    I was wondering if anyone has gotten any pregnancy photos done, or knows of some nice albums on the internet that I could look at. I want to get some done soon, but it's my friend who is going to do them, and not a professional (he is an aspiring photographer, but doesn't have that much experience yet). I want some ideas for what looks nice, etc. Does anyone have an suggestions?

Thanks

If you google pregnancy photography you will have too many ideas to choose from!

Simple backgrounds and basic clothing (ie no crazy patterned shirts) look best IMO.
    If you're feeling adventurous I've seen some awesome outdoor shots at the beach.

I wanted to try something different so I used a black background in a darkened room with a lamp shining on me. No fancy equipment! The result is in my gallery.

I just put some up in my gallery for you to look at. They are the ones we took at home with both bumps. The ones for #2 are still in colour, but when I print them I will do them in black and white, I think it looks better!

I have always wanted to do one from above looking down over your belly with no top on holding boobs for taste and standing on the beach... I saw it somewhere, its great....

sparklesoul Guest

thanks!! those photos are all so beautiful!! and give me some inspiration!! i can't wait to get mine done now!!

I think doing them around the 36 week mark is best, thats what the professionals prefer... belly should be a good size!

good luck

This is the third time I have tried to post this. It seems that the work content filter is blocking it becuase I use a word that rhymes with "food" that means not having clothes on. Thus, insert the appropriate word in the appropriate places below...

There is a book you can get called "The Glow" that is a photobook of various celebrities during their pregnancies, and it is absolutely gorgeous - I got it as a gift for DW when she graduated as a midwife.

We had professional photographs taken near the end of our first pregnancy. DW even worked up the courage to go n*de for the last photos as well (the photographer was a friend of a friend, and very professional - he really put us at our ease). They are the most gorgeous photographs.

There is one in particular that I really like - it is Victoria standing, draped in a blanket, semi-n*de.

If I ever get time, I'll dig them out and post them (probably not the n*des, though - I don't think Victoria would like that...)

Hi guys - have uploaded a few of our pregnancy pics to my BB gallery.

sparklesoul Guest

those are lovely pictures! thanks for sharing!!

I too am looking at pregnancy photos but not for a few weeks yet. We are spending an absolute fortune on them though (wishes she had a photographer friend) but I cant wait!!! I too am a bit shy and think I will be even more shy with DP there but I am sure if I keep thinking about the end product I'll get through them. We have got a bit of a deal because we are having newborn shots done as well but it still costs an arm and a leg.

I have googled Pregnancy Photos and there are some gorgeous photos!!

I love the one all of you guys have posted as well..... just makes me more excited about my own.

I have just emailed Kelly to confirm that I have DW's permission to post these. Sheesh - I posted her birth montage MONTHS ago, and it shows much more than a glimpse of pubic hair...