Thread: Question about EPO

SueB Guest

Default Question about EPO

Can anyone tell me if they believe EPO has bought their labour on?

I have mild OC and 2 midwives at my ob appointment said EPO will soften my skin and help ease the burning and itching that comes with OC. I have read heaps about EPO softening the cervix and when i questioned both MW they said that taking it orally and not inserting it ,by the time EPO has any effect on my cervix it will be in the "safe zone" for bub , they are saying it takes about 2 weeks for EPO to have any effect on my cervix,if at all.

Just wondering about anyone else's experience with EPO.

Sue, I don't believe at all that EPO will actually bring on or induce labour. I used it in my last pregnancy for weeks, both vaginally and orally. It worked wonders on my cervix, however as I said it didn't make me go into labour as such. I have already started to use EPO again in this pregnancy too.

I too have heard that it is fantastic for your skin if taken orally. So go for it hun, oil yourself up

SueB Guest

Thanks Trish for the reply ...

I am desperate for something to ease the OC but was worried about bringing labour on as i am only34ish weeks. I'm guessing you had really good dialation if it worked wonders. Ah baby number 5 for you too

Did you go early with any of the births you used EPO with.. sorry for all the annoying questions just want to be reassured before i start taking the EPO...

Sue, I was 3 cm dilated and very stretchy before I even went into labour with Tehya. I was 1 day before my DD. She and this bub are the only babies I have used it with Never knew about it before.

As I said the EPO won't make you go into labour and if you are really worried about it having an affect on your cervix just yet don't insert it Well, not yet.

I started using it internally at 34 weeks both times though just so you know.