Thread: Red Rash on Belly

Default Red Rash on Belly

Hi everyone

I am now 4 days overdue with my second child and have now developed a red rash all over my belly.

It sort of looks like heat rash but not itchy or bumpy.

Has anyone had this or know's what it could possible be from?

The only thing I could find on the net is something called PUPPP, however it may not be this at all. Give the birth suite a call and let them know what's going on. They'll most likely ask you to go in and get it looked at.

Hi Ange

have you discovered what it is?
    I found this rather interesting as i had a rash appear on my belly yesterday nothing too severe and not itchy but now today it is standing out more nad is getting itchy!

I shall be calling MW to see if they have any ideas but jsut thought i would check and see what you have hear.

Hope all is well and that you are already holding your bub and this is no longer an issue for you!

Cheers
    Kat

Hi Ange,
    I got the same rash 2 weeks before my due date. My Obstretician said it is common (it has a very long name)
    it was so itchy. But you should probabbly get yours checked just incase.

Here is the thread http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/preg...der-belly.html

Yep it sounds like i have that PUPPS rash, rang the midwife and she asked me to explain what it looked like and when i did she said that it was probably that. It is common at the end of pregnancy to get it.

Still no baby have to see DR at the hospital tomorrow to arrange induction.

Good luck for tomorrow at the dr's. Hopefully bub decides to arrive before being induced.

Hey Ange

I got a rash around 34 weeks and no one at the hospital knew what it was, they done a HUGE run around me and told me to stay indoors and away from people until further notice as it could have been the measles!! Yeh that was an awesome thing to tell someone heavily pregnant!! Anyway, it WASNT the measles, end up being an illergic reaction to something I ate or touched. It took maybe a week or two to go away, and when it did, it went over my whole body before it disappeared.

Good luck with your induction!