Thread: Sad and Frustrated

Default Sad and Frustrated

so i know we are all in the same boat and i really shouldnt be getting too worked up about this but i need to talk about it...
    nearly two weeks ago i lost some of my show and went a little into panic mode as i was only just 36 weeks and needed to be 37 to go to Birth Centre... so had easyish week and crossed my legs... Now im 38 weeks and doing everything i did before plus more to incourage this little girl into the world...
    for the past fortnight i've had period pain that comes and goes , from tiny, to levels similiar to the worst ive had when having bad period pain... Now yesterday,(straight after dtd) i got major pain(prolly 5 times the worst period pain ive felt) this lasted continuosly for 30 mins... turned into a real deep ache that changed from period pain to being all thru my pelvic floor and into my lower back. A real dragging type pain. I kept this to myself caz i didnt want hubby getting too excited(he's very excitable at the moment, sweety pie he is)... so this continued on, i suggested a walk and and stuff caz i thought this may help...
    then about three hours later while lying down watching telly, these "pains" where having a wave about them... and little periods of not hurting as much.... trying not to get excited i thought id check the time of them... they were 10 mins apart, then got to be about 5 of them at 5 mins apart lasting for 20-30 secs… I was fairly uncomfortable and if it wasn’t for the fact that excitement helps you deal with pain I would have been winging about them…
    Then we had dinner, and then they stopped… All that remained was a dull ache… and this gradually died off to nothing.
    Before going to bed I thought id tell hubby what had been going on, and that maybe something mite happen tonight…. He got a little excited and said well he’d get some sleep in case it did….
    Now its morning and nothing, barely even some period pain niggles.
    Im really a bit upset that I tried not to get over excited and thought surely something had started and now……………..NOTHING.
    What is the likely hood of more? Could I now keep plodding along for two weeks after what I thought were quite significant pains?
    I am trying to be patient…. And so grateful to be pregnant and not wanting to winge, but jeez its tough when you get so much action on the front and then wake up to nothing.
    Sorry im carrying on ladies…
    Any thoughts?:frown:

Hello Edensmumma,
    Waiting for your little bubby is the LONGEST wait in the world. I know with my first baby I eagerly watching the clock with each and every niggle!! haha. Id ring the hospital and they would say no it just sounds like Braxton Hicks...HUH! It went on for 3 weeks before my little man entered the world. Mind you, it was the day before I was sheduled to be induced! lol. Well timed....

In general bubbies come when they are ready and all this that you are experience is your body getting ready for the real thing. I guess you could call it practicing???

Anyway I am a Doula/Mothercraft nurse on the Gold Coast if you want to chat...just add me to your msn if you want? [email protected]. I think we are the same age too?

ta claire, i emailed you...
    xoox

OoOooo good luck Gill,
    I hope u get to meet ur beautiful little girl soon
    I also i hate the waiting game. I remember with Mya i would get so excited about every twinge & try & coax myself into labour LOL. In the end i was induced due to medical reasons.
    Anyway GOOD LUCK again!!
    P.S. I love the name u have chosen

ta PC and Amy...
    i guess a few things brought about that emotional collapse... heheheheeh.
    My grandpa died last thurs, and altho im not terribly distraught about that,(he was old and cranky and making himself and everyone miserable), im quite numb about the fact that i wont be at the funeral(all my family is in canberra) and especially the fact that i cant even give my dad a hug and tell him i love him in real life. Normally i am the one that helps with the organising of these things and gets all the family together. I feel so far away from it all...
    Plus these pains i was getting were definately something, not like anything ive felt before.
    my brother(flying from london) and dad will be here on the 26th and then bro leaves on the 30th... im due on the 2nd.... just wished she was here for chrissy...
    it does make it easier having such supportive and caring women on here thats for sure.

Owww Gill, hang in there!! That sounds so frustrating! Sounds like you're coping pretty well with things though.

I really hope time flies for you, and that your little Eden (oh and what a gorgeous name!) will be in your arms before you know it!

thanks Nelle, and so is River... that was on our short list.
    Not feeling much better today... Hubby finishing up work tomorrow which should make me feel better.

Hey Gill. Thinking of you. Its a slow proocess, but just remember that every niggle is working for you, and will make the real thing go quicker.
    My whole labour (about 2d) was stop start. Everytime I tried to do anything Ithought was right, labour stopped. I jusy needed to relax and focus, andtry some nipple stimulation, and that got everything regular again.
    1minute on, 3-4min break, then swap nipples. Just roll or gently pinch themin your fingers. I did it for about 15mis a time. Good luck, hope it all happens soon

hey Fi.. relax and focus.... thats what i been thinking, i've been throwing every natural induction method at this girl, thinking she started it, LOL so thats what she wants, but i need to step back a bit and just go with the flow.
    Congrats to you....Hamish is the sweetest looking little man...