Thread: skin sensitivity

Default skin sensitivity

Does your skin become more sensitive during pregnancy?

I have a cut on my arm, which is kind of healing. I put some bepathen on it and a band aid (the elastoplast, fabric ones) I took it off the next day, and all where the sticky part had been was red and blistered and yuk in general.

I know I used to have reactions to the plastic type bandaids when I was a kid, which is why I use the fabric ones. They've always been OK in the past, so I'm wondering if it just because I'm pg?

Custardtart Guest

It's very common for your skin to do all sorts of weird things during pregnancy, I can't use any sort of band-aid or elastoplast at the moment (even after having the baby) without my skin reacting and going red for days. I'm normally fine with all sorts of dressings.

Kerrie

Cynthaz Guest

I started having reactions to the face cleansing products I have used for years with no troubles. I think pregnancy is definately a factor.

*L* I've kind of done the opposite. I'm normally allergic to basically any type of metal jewellery; whether it be 18ct gold, sterling silver or simply cheap plated stuff. I come out in an itchy beaded rash across and around my neck.

I've worn a silver plated pendant out twice in the last 2 weeks and for the first time ever, I'm NOT reacting to the metal. Go figure.... *LOL*

I did however have to deal with a stress pimple type outbreak earlier on in this pregnancy. Felt like I had mite bites all over and my whole back and shoulders were covered in littel bite marks. Elocon brought down the inflammation but it was itchy as all heck.

getinmybelly!! Guest

My skin is very dry at the moment. So itchy.

It's not fun. When is it you're sposed to start glowing? Thats what I want to know! 8-[

Welcome to my world!!!!

My skin is so sensitive at the moment - I cant use anything without my cheeks going bright red like I have a rash. Face creams and hand creams I have used for ages are also making me burn grrrrrrr

I think I must be having a girl who is stealing all my beauty away lol

i got really severe acne during pg (which has actually gotten worse since giving birth ). i think the hormones mess with your skin a lot.

Custardtart Guest

"Getinmybelly", not everybody 'glows' with pregnancy, and I found that even when people told me how wonderful and glowy I looked, I still FELT totally tired and trashed. During my first pregnancy I breezed through the second trimester, felt and looked great and had heaps of energy. I kept waiting for that to happen during my third pregnancy, and it never did!

Kerrie

i found a few people said i had that pregnant 'glow'. but i knew i didnt and it irritated me a bit when they said it because i knew it wasnt true (and im not just saying that, i really looked terrible LOL)

Alas! Its too late re the pimples on my belly.. actually it was one pimple, in my belly button...at least if it scars no one will see it til next time I'm pregnant

I'm seeing my doctor & midwife on Friday, so I'll ge thtem to note down about the reaction.