thread: so much pressure!

DoubleK Guest

so much pressure!

when pg with dd.. i dont remember feeling so much pressure when i went to the toilet! everytime i need to wee, or when i'm driving for more than half an hour, i feel as though im going to have the baby come out as well. the other day i was at mums, and i could barely close my legs, because i felt as though the baby was so far down! how uncomfortable!

is this normal??

i do suffer from a very painful pelvis, i was seeing a chiro, but couldnt keep up my schedule at $100 a week! so perhaps its related to that?

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Feb 2006
    South Eastern Suburbs, Vic

It sounds normal Rach, just sounds like bub has moved further down in your pelvis! On the bright side, it should be a bit easier to breathe, and your ribs might not get kicked quite so much now.

Dec 2006
    In my own private paradise

i feel like that constantly! it's driving me insane! my pelvis is ouchy and i feel like the baby has her head almost out but no where near at the same time! i'm also REALLY swollen downstairs which isnt' helping. i'm guessing your bubba may just be head down, bum up nice and early and trying to get itself nicely engaged. i have had the discomfort like that for weeks, but it's only this week that we actuallly had the doc say she was engaged so i think she was just trying...

Nell - i WISH the head down low was stopping the breathing issues and rib pain! i think my bubba is really long (or just a general pain!) - the pain in my ribs is driving me batty about now - half the time it feels like she has cracked one of my ribs around the back - i know she hasn't (have had cracked ribs and it doesn't come and go like that) - but ouchies! she obviously thinks its great to push on my back and cause me pain (which gets worse when i hiccup - a frequent occurence! lol)

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Feb 2006
    South Eastern Suburbs, Vic

Beeg, my first bub was like that, I would lift up my top honestly expecting to see bruises near my ribs. I think, from my fuzzy memory, that right at the end when he dropped right down, it got a bit better?

Dec 2006
    In my own private paradise

right at the end? that feels so far away! lol

i'm apparently 4/5 engaged - but i'm not sure how they work it - whether that means i'm at the second station (counting down) or the 4th station (counting up) - too confuzzling

alll i know is i have a little chubber - she's measuring (fundal height) two weeks ahead! and everything is so swollen and sore - maybe she's preparing me for how ucky it will feel after she's out....

Feb 2009

It happens on and off. I actually had a bit of a fright the other day. I had just gotten out of a shower and went to the loo - and when I walked away there felt like there was an actual lump in there. Not head sized or anything, but I remembered that you need to worry about that feeling if your waters had just broken because it could be cord prolapse. I've been having a lot of bhxs, and have been acting like I am due this week - not in 7 weeks, which has DH worried I will go early. He was right about two of my labours before (My PPH and Sammy going into NICU) so naturally with that in mind it caused a bit of panic. It wasnt - not even sure what it was because it was gone after we checked for cord.

If it worries you, I am sure you can get them to check on the condition of your cervix at your next appointment to put your mind at ease. Or even look for it yourself - there was a thread here that described it a little better. Really - so long as you find the long 'volcano' (although mine doesnt have a tapered end) you don't need to worry as baby isnt climbing out just yet.

Nov 2008
    U.S.A

I too have felt pressure but in the front. Sometimes I feel like she is literally trying to rip open my stomach. It is so bad I can't even stand up sometimes

Platinum Member. Love a friend xxx

Mar 2008
    Perth, WA

I was measuring 40cm at 36 weeks and am also so swollen and puffy downstairs.

I need to pee all the time but cannot get the wee out...have to really lean forward and try to relax all the muscles.

Was sitting around last night getting BH and I swear I felt the head corksrewing into my pelvis! So crampy and sore today LOL.

Ah, the joys.

On top of that I have a very short fuse today and wanted to punch my doctor in the face.