Thread: Stress

Unhappy Stress

I've been very stressed of late and am just wondering it's effects on Jellybean.
    There are lots of contributing factors.
    How do you minimise your stress levels? Right now all i want to do is run away. I've had enough (nothing to do with Hubby he is an Angel)
    Please help i'm losing it.

I'm no doctor, but I imagine stress would affect bubs, I've noticed my baby getting wriggly and my belly tightening when I've been stressed.

Perhaps you could try relaxation techniques to settle your body and calm bubs (even though your mind may still be racing)?

You could try going for a walk, sitting down and taking 10 deep long breaths, or having a bath? Otherwise (without knowing what's stressing you?) you can address your issue so you can deal with it and move on??

Good luck, you need to look after yourself and in turn that looks after bubs - easier said than done I know!

Jojo, i'm sorry to hear you are stressed!

I think stress does affect bubs. Whenever I am upset, my little one wiggles around. Having said that, i don't let the fact I am pregnant stop me from getting upset, but I DO make sure I deal with it. I guess I want to let bean know from early on that its ok to get stressed, but you have to let it out too.

Kristin is right, relaxation should help. If it doesn't work for you (sometimes im just too keyed up for it to help), then i would say just try to do stuff you enjoy- go shopping, eat food you like, watch movies you like etc. Works for me!

Hugs and hope you feel happier soon!

Thanks for your support guys.
    I've been trying to relax, but i've been getting really painful cramps on the underside of my belly that come up a bit to my belly button. It feels like really bad period pain but goes within 5min. I've had it 3 times today.
    I hope jellybean is not planning on coming out this early.
    I'm worried, whats happening?

I remember reading that pre-eclampsia has symptoms like this and can be brought on by stress - you should do a search on this forum about it?? Is the pain getting worse?? I'd call the hospital immediately if it is... Pre-eclampsia is very serious. I don't want to upset you, sorry I don't know much more about symptoms etc - keep us updated....

I am very stressed at the moment as well... and I do everything i possibly can to reduce it.. but really nothing helps.. only time will be able to fix my stress (I have a fantastic hubby). A few more months and it will be done..

I do try and tell myself. I am healthy and so is my family. I have a DS and having another bubba.. some people never get that opportunity I should be greatful and not let anything take away this time from me.

I hope you are feeling better soon.. chin up!! Nothing will matter when you have that little bubba in your arms.. that pure feeling of bliss!!

Regular massage can really help stress.
    Also, you can learn some specific breathing and meditation exercises. Don't be afraid to ask for some help with it - stress is such a problem in our culture these days, and its really not very good for any of us.

Definitely call your hospital just to be on the safe side. I'm sure everything is fine, but for your own peace of mind I'd talk to someone about it .

Been to hospital apparently it's braxtons, midwife said it is early to be getting them and i may go into early labour but it can be stopped if i do. I don't want Jellybean to come early not too early anyway.
    I'm working a different job at work now that is much safer, and nowhere near as stressful.
    So i hope bubba is ok in there, as this is my first i have moments where i can't believe how much i love a little person that i haven't really met yet. I cant wait to hold my bubba and tell him or her how much i love them.

I'm glad you got checked out. It is definitely not too early to have BHs! I got them earlier than you and my DS was 5 days late!

That's great you are working in a different job now, go and relax!