thread: stretch marks appearing after birth

BellyBelly Member

Feb 2005
    Mid North Coast NSW

stretch marks appearing after birth

this may sound silly, but i am sure i have heard somewhere of women having no stretch marks at all throughout pg, then getting them in the days after they give birth. is this possible?

please, please, please tell me no!!!!! [-o<

Linda[/i]

Mar 2004
    Sparta

I'm not sure if this happened to me or not. Just after I had Yasin I noticed some tiny, barely noticable stretch marks on the bottom of my tummy. I'm not sure if they appeared after birth or because they were under my bump I just couldn't see them until after giving birth.
    Losing weight very fast can cause stretch marks so it doesn't seem impossible that some might appear after giving birth.

Sorry, I know this isn't the answer you wanted to hear 8-[

♥ BellyBelly's Creator ♥
    Add BellyBelly on Facebook Follow BellyBelly On Twitter

Feb 2003
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Sorry chook, I know people that have experienced that I am afraid...
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    In 2015 I went Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Jul 2004

That would have to be bad luck! Let's hope you don't get any Linda!

Custardtart Guest

Yep, happened to me. Stretch marks can come from skin shrinking quickly as well as stretching quickly, I'm sorry to say.

Kerrie

Oct 2003
    Forestville NSW

Sorry to say but it happened to me 8-[ I had no stretch marks & I religiously massaged oils onto my belly & bb's prior to birth, but after the c/s they appeared. There was a lot of stretching of skin to get Matilda out, so thats what I think may have caused them. The were all around my c/s scar.

Ex adm!n, quietly rusting....

Feb 2004
    Melbourne

Same here as Christy - I got them round my c/s scar.

BellyBelly Member

Mar 2005
    Sydney, NSW

I didn't get any before or after. Here's hoping it's the same this time!!!

BellyBelly Member

Feb 2005
    Mid North Coast NSW

NNNOOOO!!! here i am sitting with my jaw on the ground... i really did think i was somehow making this up.

oh dear....i know it will all be so worth it, but PLEASE i dont want any!!! :smt091

Linda

Oct 2003
    Forestville NSW

ok but heres the good part....mine are all gone It took a few months and honestly I didn't want anyone to see my belly, well not until next year when hopefully its back to its normal size 8-[

BellyBelly Member

Feb 2005
    Mid North Coast NSW

really - gone? what did you do to get rid of them christy?

Linda

Oct 2003
    Forestville NSW

For the first few weeks I did nothing because of the c/s scar I had a few weepy bits & didn't want to make the scar worse, but after that I would gently rub oil around the area. Or the Palmers coco butter, something nice and creamy all around. My bb's took longer because they only got them after I started bf and then I didn't want to rub and have Matilda sucking on the oils ykwim? So I worked on them a few months down the track. But my belly after around 6 weeks I would massage & exfoliate and I did that 1-2 times a day. HTH! I may be a lucky one though

BellyBelly Member

Feb 2005
    Mid North Coast NSW

thanks christy - at least now i can be prepared....

Linda

BellyBelly Life Member

Nov 2003

I only had a few tiny stretchmarks on my hips before I gave birth. A few weeks after Kynan was born I finally got around to having a good look at my body and I was horrified to find that they'd multiplied dramatically LOL!! And then after my milk came in I even had stretchmarks on my boobs!!

BellyBelly Member

Jun 2005
    NEWCASTLE

Yep! I had none during pg and then due to rapid weight lose after - DS fed constantly and drained all of the extra weight out of me over a period of about 4-6 months- that i now have the white stretch marks on my hips. There aren't a great deal but still!!!!!! Sorry it can happen. ](*,)