Thread: stupid question

Default stupid question

Stupid question, I know, esp considering this is my third bub. But I never went into labour naturally before and tho I doubt this is it, I am having quite regular uncomfy period pains atm. They come on every 5 or so mins. They are not painful, but they are def uncomfortable. I'm resting as the past few days I have been doing a lot of strenuous activity (cleaning the garden and heavy lifting etc) and so I figure I might have overdone it a little, but they have not stopped even tho I am resting. Any ideas? I'm uncomfortable enough to be going to take some panadol and have a soak in a bath if it doesn't settle soon. (have to get the washing on and am meant to vac and clean thru, somehow I think the vac may wait another day or two....).
    I was induced with number 1, ended with c/s, number 2 was c/s so I have no idea how NATURAL labour feels when it starts. As I said, I doubt this is it, but it's not nice. And yes, I have back pain when the cramps start. Bry kicks like crazy when pains stop.
    Any advice?

sounds like labour to me

good luck

Just realised you are only 30 week so please ring the hospital NOW just so they can check you out as like I said it sounds like labour....

Hey Kerrie

there are no stupid Q's

it sounds like you have been doing a bit too much and your body is telling you to slow down

it could be runs of BH...oxygenating your uterus and the baby...but BH do stop when you change activity...you will be able to tell if it is something other than BH if you have a nice warm bath and they dont go away

its great that Bry is kicking plenty...so he is certainly happy enough

on the safe side I would make an app to see your Dr today...and if the tightenings increase in intensity and frequency or you get a show I would suggest you just go to your hospital

xx yogababy

Yes - I agree with the other ladies! Go & see your GP better to be safe than sorry then at least you wont worry:-)

I doubt it is labour for me. I think it's just my body telling me to take a break. I've just put the washing on and walking around eases the pains, but my tummy is still quite hard. I'll just take it easy today and see how we go. Gotta work again tonight. Yay. If this keeps up I'll ring them and let them know I'm not coming in. I'm not going to risk this bub!

Thank you both for your replies. I am taking them into account, but I also don't wanna run to the hosp for every little niggle IYKWIM?!

you dont have to run to the hospital just ring them and see what they want you to do. they will more than likly tell you to take some pain relef and if you still have pains within half hour they will want you to come in so they can hook you up to the monters and see whats happening.As thats what happened with me about 30 weeks baby was fine I went home after a hour and baby came naturally at 39 weeks but its better to know than to worry iykwim. As if it is labour then you will want them to be able to have time to stop it if they can..

Tali, Thanks. I'll give them a call.... The pains have settled a bit. As I said. Tum still hard, but not as ouchy, IYKWIM?

Kerry- how is everything today? did you call the hospital?

hope all is ok and it was all just a bit of a scare to let you know you were doing to much.

it went off and on all day and Bry was very restless all day and night. I rang in sick for work as I just did not feel right and my head felt funny. I had a warm bath and had to look after my sick kids. I was up and down all night thanks to Kat coughing and temp all night. This morning I know why I felt so strange, I was coming down with her cold. So another damn cold. 4th in 2 months. Not nice. But not having as many BH's today so guessing it was just my body telling me I'd done too much and it wasn't coping anymore. So having another easy day (well as easy as it can be with both the girls coughing etc too) and trying to recover a bit as I am meant to work again tonight and tmw night. Thank you for thinking of me girls. I knew it wasn't labour, but I was so uncomfortable.....