Thread: Summer Holidays

Default Summer Holidays

Well ladies the time of year has come when we make plans to go on summer hols over the christmas/ school hols and for everyone else in the family they shout yiha yippee but for us poor souls that will be heavily pregi we cringe. Early this year DH and i planned to go up to Rainbow Beach its a 4x4 town past Gympie i have never been at christmas only easter and other hols and im told that it gets bloody hot, im dreading it my feet have already started to swell i have sweat sores under boobs my thighs rub together and chafe ( spelling ?) and what worse that i still have just under 3 months to go. I havent the heart to tell the kids that we cant go ( 3 Kids) and the inlaws are coming too,( ) So im going to need helpful tips on how to handle this situation we havent done the week long holiday with this many kids before and i havent been pregi on any of them. Were not camping on the beach, we have a nice holiday house with mod cons except air con Im starting to panik what to do with 3 kids and the inlaws this summer when its to hot to go to the beach i cant even drunk Any suggestion will be helpfull

Kitty kat
    DH scott (29)
    DD kahli (11)
    DD siaan (3)
    DD macayla (2)
    angle baby 06
    jelly bean due feb 07

mum5boys Guest

The only suggestion I can give you is when it gets too much pack the kids off with the inlaws for the day and you stay behind and rest as best you can.
    Sorry thats the best I can do, good luck and have fun when you go.

Take care
    Michelle

Oh Kitty Kat what have you gotten yourself into?? I like Michelles suggestion, great idea, and also maybe take a fan or two, or a water cooler if you have one with you. If it is hot enough you can put icecubes in the back of a watercooler with the water and when it melts its nice and cold. I know how you will feel in summer im due in feb too, Goodluck and keep us posted on what you decide!
    Jen

Hi

We have just come back from a weeks holiday with our 3 kids, i was 33 weeks when we got back. We drove 9 hours north to Monkey Mia, spent 3 nights there then 3 hours back down to Kalbarri, 6 nights there and then 6 hours home. I honestly didn't find it an issue although i expected it to be.

I insisted we had an apartment to stay in and didn't camp, getting up and down off a blow up bed and 3 trips per night to the loo just weren't on. The drive was fine i just drank heaps of water and we stopped frequently so i didn't stiffen up, the heat wasn't an issue as it doesn't usually bother me but i spent time in the pool and in the ocean to keep my ankles down.

We did some off roading too which was a bit stressful for me and the bumpy 4x4 tracks were a bit of a worry (just in case!).

Try not to worry and (i know its hard but) look on the inlaws as being a plus not a minus, let them take the weight off you so you can use the time to chill, although the down side of this is you feel like a crap mum for not spending time with the kids when on holiday, which can stress you out even more. Let everyone know before you go that you wont be at their beck and call all the time and that you will need extra "me" time to cope with the conditions, just take it slow and relax, you'll have a ball.

Taz

A larger lady at work the other day told me that baby powder between the legs stops chaffing! So I have been putting lots on in the morning
    We are off to Rottnest Island for a week in a couple of weeks and I am looking forward to the break. Dont think I will be doing more than the obligatory beached pregnant whale wife though ha ha.. Not sure if I should take my bike over or not.. sore back and swollen feet too and three months to go for me too Kittykat. Take advantage of the in laws mate and use the holiday to relax!

Thankyou ladies your advice sounds good and as muchas it will make me feel like a crapy mum i have to let the DH and inlaws take over a little more for some reason it just makes me feel uneasy to watch the inlaws take over it make me feel like im not good enough or that they think im just not as good at the mummy stuff as they are or maybe its just the hormones. The powder between the legs is great idea i have been doing for a while now you can buy Johnsons and johnson with cornstarch and one with lavender i love them both and use them everywhere when i come out of the shower im just a big powder lol lol lol .

luv ya's kittykat