Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Things are happening.....

Smile Things are happening.....

Hi everyone,
    I saw my OB today for my week 40 assessment and found out that I am already 2 cm dilated . She gave my cervix a stretch and is confident that things should start over the next few days. If nothing happens by Monday she will break my waters to get things moving so either way my baby will be here in the next few days. DH is so excited he hasn't stopped smiling all afternoon.

Just had to share my new with you all. Its been such a long journey I'm happy to be near the end of this phase .

congrats on the final count down how exciting. I noticed you're in Darwin are you going through private or public? I gave birth to my DD in the private hospy up there they were fantastic

~Belinda~ Guest

Hi Macca, how exciting. I was 2cm dilated at 40 weeks too! And then my Ob broke my waters 3 days later. Hope you get to meet your little one soon!

How exciting!! I don't want to be pregnant again right now but I do sometimes wish I could go back to those last few days before I gave birth - the anticipation and excitement was.... well exciting!! That feeling that you didn't know when it was going to happenis the best! Best wishes!!!

congratulations!

That's fantastic news try to rest as much as you can and I would also recommend having a nice dinner out or going to gold class cinemas or something nice with dh to have one last date before bubs is here and life is forever changed!!! Congrats again HOW EXCITING!!!

Yay! How very exciting for you both!
    I hope all goes well with the birth too1

I thin k Jas is on to something though - go out now while you still can - you won't be doing it for a while and it will be nice to have that last time together...
    And you never know, you might be able to have a really exciting birth story if your waters break in the theatre

Good luck!

Well we are still waiting! I have to go into the hospital in the morning so they can check out bubs heart and to see if I have dilated further. Not sure what to expect. Im starting to think I will need the induction to get things going. I will see how the weekend goes. Fingers crossed he gets a move on on his own though.

Hang in there hun! I was 8 days overdue too so I know you must be getting anxious and excited right about now! lol
    Hope all is well, and that bubba makes his own way here in good time

I think things have started on their own. The Braxton Hicks have become painful over the afternoon and more regular so fingers crossed

Are you sure they're braxton hicks, or could they be contractions?
    Good luck with everything!

Oh good luck!! I have been reading up on your progress and I'm preying for you that this is it! Rest up and enjoy it all. I can't wait to read how you go.

All the best !!

Oooooh how exciting!! Good luck and have a FANTASTIC birth!!

How exciting for you hun I wish you all the best for a wonderful birth experience. Goodluck. cant wait to hear how you went!

Congratualtions enjoy the amazing journey!

Well the pains came and went all night but still nothing. I had a show (I think it was a show large amount of yellowish jelly like stuff, sorry if tmi, this arvo at 2pm) and am getting an increasing amount of back pain. The midwife at the hospital keeps saying any time now but it sure is drawing out. My OB wants to break my waters tomorrow morning but I would love it if bub came on his own.

I have spent the day in a mixture of excitement and bursts of tears . Even had a fight with DH, who has been great, over the stupid issue of hanging curtains! I have to say I'm really starting to get over the whole thing and the depressing thought is that it hasn't even started yet. I thought this time would be one of looking forward to the baby but I'm not even feeling that. I just want something to happen!I feel like I'm in a limbo. Is this normal? I even feel guilty that I have no real interest in my baby at the moment.

Well that's my little rant for now. I'll keep this thread updated as stuff happens (when it happens). Thanks for the well wishes and support, it is really appreciated.

It certainly sounds like things are happening on their own. Hopefully overnight more will happen and you won't need your waters broken.

Hi Macca!!!

I think it all sounds pretty normal!! Labour can go on for days before it really kickes in, and you are definately showing signs of labour!!! Its just a matter of time, and it might take a while so i would relax and try to get some sleep and just do nothing, cause once it really kicks in you will need all your strength!!! Maybe have a nice relaxing bath and a chill out and see how you feel!!!

Right now you are right, its all about you.. not even the baby is really on your mind... just how you are feeling!!! You are allowed to think about yourself a little right now!! LOL You are i labour!!!! LOL

Dont feel too bad about your fight with DH... your hormones are in super dooper overdrive right now!!!!

I hope things go beautifully and smoothly for your birth!!!

Take care
    xoxox

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast